Scenic OV Cabin or OV

PGCRUISERS

Definitely do the scenic ocean view! I've never stayed in one, but I will one of these days. I managed to get some pictures of this cabin on Valor and the room is awesome! Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe they're on Conquest class ships only and there's only 2 like this on those ships. Book it while you can before it's gone.

2ec66b9d-aafa-4c46-af3b-6af40e22f64a_zps3c944dda.jpg

b7ef08d0-9862-4825-89de-10ca8d50cf0e_zps6772aaf5.jpg

954fbfd5-abf2-4589-8d51-24b080a6c128_zpsbfc81623.jpg

3d99c9d5-783f-4d05-9968-3a689bd0ab0b_zps17af02b1.jpg

2d437284-71a2-47d1-8985-752709b07553_zps44177c6e.jpg

Surely that trumps this. LOL

c968f6f4-a3aa-44bb-9e03-b7f8b1e33ce0_zps953dccf5.jpg

Scenic OV and Scenic Grand OV are two different types of rooms. There are only 2 GSOV rooms and I think four or six SOV rooms. We've had the SOV two times before. The one on Glory had a huge crack all the way across and upward which almost killed the beautiful view. The VALOR'S was sooooo much nicer!!

Seeing those gsov pics kills me...had one booked on the valor before it was swapped with the liberty...

Same thing happened to me. I was booked on the Valor for this coming April out of San Juan, then Carnival swapped ships and relocated me to a balcony. I ended up canceling the cruise and rebook on the Conquest for December 2015 in room 9200.

I've considered booking one of these before, but keep getting scared that there are no curtains. As amazing as the view might be, I like to sleep in with as close to pitch black as I can get. :D Are there curtains in SOV rooms?

They have eletric blinds, you push a button and down they come. very very dark.

There is a sign in your cabin that says the blinds have to be closed at night for navagational reasons.

But if you don't turn on any room lights you can open them up.

About to book for January 2016, I've done OV but never Scenic OV. What is your opinion about Scenic OV vs OV

Also if you don't want to spring for a SOV You can book 2470 or 2473. They are 6 B's priced at reg OV price but are almost twice the size and have 2 windows. I love these rooms if I can't get a GRAND SOV.

I prefer 2470 & 73 over a reg SOV.

There is some vibration pulling in and out of port but not that bad.

check out post 10 for some pictures of 2470

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983601&highlight=2470

We will be on the Conquest in September in a GSOV..these pics are of that type of room..the regular SOV only have 1 floor to ceiling window..but still a nice view.

I just got off the Conquest, and got pics of 9201, which I will post as soon as I get a chance.

I had 9201 on the Valor last year and did an entire thread on it.

We booked 9201 on the Glory for March 2016. Hopefully, that isn't the room with the cracked window.

Grand scenic is best if you can get it. Wonderful room. Huge with gorgeous sweeping forwards views. Scenic is nice also but not as nice. Regular oceanview is no big deal by comparison. We stayed in 9200 on the Freedom. Loved it!

We booked this room on the Valor for our May cruise. They ended up switching ships with the Liberty and upgraded us to a balcony since they are not on the Valor. We booked another GSOV on the Freedom. Hope they don't switch ships again...:rolleyes:

Also if you don't want to spring for a SOV You can book 2470 or 2473. They are 6 B's priced at reg OV price but are almost twice the size and have 2 windows. I love these rooms if I can't get a GRAND SOV.

I prefer 2470 & 73 over a reg SOV.

There is some vibration pulling in and out of port but not that bad.

check out post 10 for some pictures of 2470

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983601&highlight=2470

Wow. I did not know this cabin existed. Thank you for the info.

We are sailing on the Sunshine in May. One of the reason we picked this ship was because of the GSOV. My BFF wanted a ship that had that view as well as an itinerary that worked for us. She is extremely excited about it! We opted for a balcony down the hall. This is my first on a balcony.

If I had the choice I would probably pick a balcony over the view. Although it looks beautiful, I like to be able to enjoy the view and ocean breeze. :D

We are sailing on the Sunshine in May. One of the reason we picked this ship was because of the GSOV. My BFF wanted a ship that had that view as well as an itinerary that worked for us. She is extremely excited about it! We opted for a balcony down the hall. This is my first on a balcony.

If I had the choice I would probably pick a balcony over the view. Although it looks beautiful, I like to be able to enjoy the view and ocean breeze. :D

Which cabins are the GSOV? I'm on the Sunshine in June and want to keep an eye on those kind of cabins.

Which cabins are the GSOV? I'm on the Sunshine in June and want to keep an eye on those kind of cabins.

The GSOV's are on the Lido deck forward. Rooms 9126 & 9111. They have 4 other smaller cabins in between the two. I believe they also have floor to ceiling windows but much smaller rooms.

I put a link to the deck plans below. You can look and see where all rooms are.

http://www.jimzim.net/Photos/CanivalSunshineDeckPlans.pdf