Reserving a Table on Anytime Dining

We've been on many cruises with Princess and always choose Anytime Dining (when available). As it has always just been the two of us we have never bothered to book a table but on our next cruise there will be five of us and, particularly for New Year's Eve, I want to secure a table for our group. I believe I can ring the DINE line but as New Year's Eve is the second night on board I was hoping I might get some advice from anyone on the forum who has had experience with making Anytime Dining reservations.

cheers

Stu

There's often a big queue for the Maitre D' so if you don't make it before dinner, you can also do it as you finish the first night's dinner.

This is what we generally do if we want to book a time in, we speak to the maître de on the way out after dinner.:D

I see Anytime Dining is coming to Aust. ships next year. Our March cruise is still Set Dining, but we have been sent emails for our August cruise to say we may also choose Anytime. I like sitting at the same table so was wondering if that could be arranged. Needs thinking about. :rolleyes:

I see Anytime Dining is coming to Aust. ships next year. Our March cruise is still Set Dining, but we have been sent emails for our August cruise to say we may also choose Anytime. I like sitting at the same table so was wondering if that could be arranged. Needs thinking about. :rolleyes:

What ship are you referring to as Princess has 'Anytime' dining and has had Anytime dining here for the Diamond, Golden and the Emerald. Other lines have Select (X), My time (RCI), Freestyle (NCL) but all the same concept. Even P&O have a version.

In any case, you can normally still choose Traditional dining on any line (except NCL) but even if you are Anytime dining, you can still speak to the maître de (once on board) and get a set table at a set time for every night. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

What ship are you referring to as Princess has 'Anytime' dining and has had Anytime dining here for the Diamond, Golden and the Emerald. Other lines have Select (X), My time (RCI), Freestyle (NCL) but all the same concept. Even P&O have a version.

In any case, you can normally still choose Traditional dining on any line (except NCL) but even if you are Anytime dining, you can still speak to the maître de (once on board) and get a set table at a set time for every night. :D

Sun and Sea Princesses, which don't have it at the moment. (The OP was referring to Princess so I presumed people would know I was referring to the Aust ships permanently based here. :) )

Sun and Sea Princesses, which don't have it at the moment. (The OP was referring to Princess so I presumed people would know I was referring to the Aust ships permanently based here. :) )

Sorry, I wasn't aware that they didn't but the same rule applies, you can ask the maitre de to have you sit in the same table or section so that you get the same waiters every night.

I noticed that when the Diamond is in Japan it does not offer Anytime Dining and when the Golden and Sapphire are in China they don't offer Traditional, only Anytime.

I was thinking about a Japanese cruise but I don't like being locked into a set meal time. May need to look at some other cruise line.:eek:

cheers

Stu

We usually travel in a group of 7 or 9 relatives/friends depending on who wants to go, so we have fixed time dining as sometimes this is the only time we see each other all day.

Edited by Russell21

I noticed that when the Diamond is in Japan it does not offer Anytime Dining and when the Golden and Sapphire are in China they don't offer Traditional, only Anytime.

I was thinking about a Japanese cruise but I don't like being locked into a set meal time. May need to look at some other cruise line.:eek:

cheers

Stu

That is a shame Stu, especially as your like Princess so much. Perhaps another line for a Japanese cruise, I know X does some cruises that take in Japan as well as China and Korea on some itineraries. I am sure other lines would also do some.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that they didn't but the same rule applies, you can ask the maitre de to have you sit in the same table or section so that you get the same waiters every night.

Thanks Mic. Might try that - we like having the same waiters.

I wasn't aware that you could make Anytime Dining bookings on Princess and when I was waiting in line last week, there was a group to the side waiting for one of them to arrive, and I thought one of them said they had a booking. When I asked the guy on the door said to me that they didn't take bookings for ATD (obviously from posts here he was wrong). Wish Princess had the same system as RCI where you can make a time for ATD straight from your Cruise Personaliser. It makes it so much more convenient.

I wasn't aware that you could make Anytime Dining bookings on Princess and when I was waiting in line last week, there was a group to the side waiting for one of them to arrive, and I thought one of them said they had a booking. When I asked the guy on the door said to me that they didn't take bookings for ATD (obviously from posts here he was wrong). Wish Princess had the same system as RCI where you can make a time for ATD straight from your Cruise Personaliser. It makes it so much more convenient.

We have often made a booking for the next night so that we can get the same table or at least section for the waiters. I suppose the big difference is that they give you the time (6pm or 7.45pm or something like that) rather than you giving a time like on Royal or X.