PTE vs Off Site Parking

Hobbsey

Hi

Cruising out on a Saturday, 1/23, from Port Everglades and trying to decide between saving money and parking at the Port.

Any advice is appreciated and would enjoy hearing about the pro/cons from someone who has done both.

(FYI, Off site would be at the Embassy on 17th).

Thanks

Never a problem using http://www.airportparkinginc.com/ The lot they use is at the Embassy Suites, and they offer a free shuttle too.

Hi,

Yes, thanks. I've used them before too, and might do so again this time. I just was wondering about parking at the Pier instead - especially if I am running a bit later than usual.

I think it depends on the length of the cruise. We will be on a 21 day b2b in February and will try the long-term parking at the ES for the 1st time. Cost for the parking is $121 for the 21 days vs $315 at the pier ($15/day). Pier parking is probably a bit more convenient, but not worth an extra $200, at least to us.

Hi

Cruising out on a Saturday, 1/23, from Port Everglades and trying to decide between saving money and parking at the Port.

Any advice is appreciated and would enjoy hearing about the pro/cons from someone who has done both.

(FYI, Off site would be at the Embassy on 17th).

Thanks

Some background. We don't like to fly so we drive to the port. It's long 14 hour drive which we break into two parts on the way to the port. We spend the first night in Lake City and the night before the cruise in FLL. We make the drive home in one session so an early departure is critical for us. Leaving the car at the Port works best since we don't have to wait for shuttles, etc., we can just load and go. The fact that we can quickly get to our car and start the long drive home outweighs any savings from off port parking.

Here's our experience from last week on Oasis.

We stayed at the CYM and drove to Terminal 18. Traffic was heavy around the CYM and until we got close to the Pier 66. Expected that due to the boat show. After the Pier 66, traffic lightened up and was not an issue.

First issue was our GPS routing near the pier was wrong and kept trying to send us to the airport. I think it thought we were on the 595 but we were on the local surface roads. Turned the damn thing off and navigated by sense of smell and quickly arrived at the PE security gate. Lesson: try to approach the port on 595 since it is a straight shot in.

Second issue was the security guard. I had our passports and Set Sail Pass ready. For some reason, she wanted to see our D/L. The wife was driving and she had put her D/L in her backpack. Told the nice lady the D/L was in the carry on in back of the car and that I would have to exit the vehicle to get it. She said I couldn't exit. I asked her again how she wanted me to proceed, if she wanted to see a D/L, I would have to exit the vehicle. Was finally told to get the D/L. Lesson: you'll need your D/L even if you do have a passport.

Everything was smooth after that. We drove past the terminal bag drop since we only had two small carry ons and one backpack and proceeded to the parking area. This was around 10:30 so we got a spot about very close to the terminal entrance. Maybe 100 yards to the terminal. Got our bags and joined the line. No need for a porter since we packed light.

D-barkation. We had a long drive home so we choose to self d-bark and were in the line around 5:45. About 50 people in front of us and more joining the line every minute. They opened the doors at 6:15 and we started walking. Didn't stop walking until we got to customs where we just walked right up to the agent. We were through customs, out the door, and placing our bags in the car by 6:30. Traffic was very smooth and not busy at all. Hit the interstate and we were gone.

Our next cruise is Allure. We intend to follow the same pattern but I think we'll spend Saturday night away from the Fort Lauderdale area and drive in the morning of the cruise.

So im confused as I went to their website. Looks like one choice is for parking for cruises and the rest is for airport. Am i correct in this or am i confused?

When you request for Embassy Suites parking the choose PTE for Port Everglades. I've used these guys twice before. It's pretty easy. Now that we've decided to go down a night early we'll use them again for the savings.

We are going to stay at Hotel Biba in West Palm so it'll be an easy 1 hrs drive down instead of 5 hours from home.