Nespresso in Escape Haven

chrishb

After a day, your butler will figure out what you are drinking and out out extra pods for you.

They also have a variety of Tea Forte pyrimids. They sell that same tea at the coffee bar and in the bakery for $2 a bag, so grab the tea and take it home.

After a day, your butler will figure out what you are drinking and out out extra pods for you.

They also have a variety of Tea Forte pyrimids. They sell that same tea at the coffee bar and in the bakery for $2 a bag, so grab the tea and take it home.

Are the Tea Forte Pyramids free in the Haven? Are they in your Haven cabin? My DH drinks coffee, but I'm a tea drinker in the morning.

Are the Tea Forte Pyramids free in the Haven? Are they in your Haven cabin? My DH drinks coffee, but I'm a tea drinker in the morning.

Yes. Free. There is an assortment of teas with your Nupresso pods. You can ask you butler if one is your favorite and stash a few in you hand carry bag for when you get home.

Your butler refills hwncoffee and tea twice a day.

Again, for non Havens guest, the shipmaells them for $2 a bag. :eek:

Edited by BirdTravels

Does anyone know if there are hot chocolate pods, for the machine?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No pods. The nupresso pods are really small. You (or your butler) can get packets of hot chocolate from the buffet. use the hot water from your nupresso machine to make to make a cup of chocolate. May need to bring a mug from the buffet too, the coffee cups are small.

Yes. Free. There is an assortment of teas with your Nupresso pods. You can ask you butler if one is your favorite and stash a few in you hand carry bag for when you get home.

Your butler refills hwncoffee and tea twice a day.

Again, for non Havens guest, the shipmaells them for $2 a bag. :eek:

Thank you for the information! I was actually considering packing my own loose tea. I won't bother now. This is our first NCL cruise and we are in the Haven - but I'm still not exactly sure what to fully expect. We also booked the thermal spa since there are 11 sea days. We are really looking forward to this trip! We added 4 days in Iceland and 3 days in Barcelona beforehand.

$2 a bag seems steep (pun intended). ;)

I used my Tervis and several pods of coffee, etc. to make a large cup "to go" so I could sit outside/walk around. (and, yes, I wash my tervis all the time - I bring a small bottle of dish washing liquid for use in my sink ;) the room steward realized what I was doing and left extra washcloths for me in the bathroom to use for that purpose)

Edit: The tea is very very good (I'm not a tea drinker and I had some each night before bed it was just that good).

Edited by Frick_&_Frack

I used my Tervis and several pods of coffee, etc. to make a large cup "to go" so I could sit outside/walk around. (and, yes, I wash my tervis all the time - I bring a small bottle of dish washing liquid for use in my sink ;) the room steward realized what I was doing and left extra washcloths for me in the bathroom to use for that purpose)

Edit: The tea is very very good (I'm not a tea drinker and I had some each night before bed it was just that good).

That is a good room steward!

That is a good room steward!

The funny thing was that I was solo - so I used the 2nd sink for this and the washcloth set up from that. He fixed that up and gave me extras. I had more towels and wash cloths than I knew what do do with (and still had more in the 2nd bathroom!) LOL

He complained that I was too neat and left him nothing to do. :D

The funny thing was that I was solo - so I used the 2nd sink for this and the washcloth set up from that. He fixed that up and gave me extras. I had more towels and wash cloths than I knew what do do with (and still had more in the 2nd bathroom!) LOL

He complained that I was too neat and left him nothing to do. :D

That is too funny!!! My DH always cleans up and picks up.

No pods. The nupresso pods are really small. You (or your butler) can get packets of hot chocolate from the buffet. use the hot water from your nupresso machine to make to make a cup of chocolate. May need to bring a mug from the buffet too, the coffee cups are small.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will stay onboard the Escape in November and heard that there will be Nespresso machines in the suite. Will the capsules be refilled regularly or do you get a stock at the beginning?

Your butler will bring you as many as you need. Also ask your butler for regular size coffee mugs as the ones provided in suite are small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by sjnyc323

You will enjoy the Haven! We are booked on Escape in March, but we have been on NCL Jade...our first Norwegian cruise.....and it spoiled us! Just ask your butler for anything you need/want and they will bend over backwards for you!

Just as an FYI, if you like the spa, book the thermal suite. The heated loungers are fabulous!! I hurt my knee on a bike ride on our New England cruise last fall, and I truly believe pampering it on the loungers kept me from having lasting damage. Looks like the price has gone up since then, but I will still book it! I had thought that we would have access if we used the spa (massages, etc.) daily, but that is not the case....so, if you want the extra pampering go for it! It is cheaper to purchase prior to the cruise, usually. (You will have a hot tub, steam room, and private (small) pool area in the Haven, so if that is all you are interested in, you might not want to spend the extra $$.)

The ability to get on the ship early, private dining areas for breakfast and lunch, and the ability to get away from the crowds make the Haven our favorite vacation spot. (not to mention the butler and concierge!) Take extra tip $$ for the services you receive, since they are not part of the gratuity pool; but what you give them it up to you! Our experience is that they are usually part of what makes the cruise so sublime!

We were fortunate to have Roy as our butler on 2 different cruise ships....and it was like seeing an old friend!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious for those that have used both the new Nespresso as well as the original Lavazza machines in Haven: how do the two compare? I really likes the Lavazza, especially how it kept the cups nice and warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't drink coffee or tea but DW does and kids do sometimes. They are pretty much the same except you don't have a frother metal thing which can also be used to warm up water to make hot chocolate. On last trip which ship had just changed over butler spent more time talking about how it is so nice to have the new machines because people would get the old ones into the wrong mode and then get upset.

I am a tea drinker and the forte teas were EXCELLENT! I stashed a few to take home. After the first day, I always had extra English breakfast tea and creamers.

The cup size was small, but I just reused the bag if I was in the mood for a little more and made a second cup. The bags were quite good for at least 3 of the small cups of tea. I am sure they could handle 4, but the most I had in one sitting was three.

Just put the teabag in your cup and heat the hot water...worked like a charm!

I usually drink tea sparingly, but it was sooooo good I had at least one cup in the morning and another later in the day.

At home I have maybe one cup every month or so...lol.