Which Museum?

babs135

We are off to New York again in November and this time I really would like to visit at least one museum. DH is not keen on museums but there must be one out there that would interest him.

He likes science, books model making, especially Lego!! Quite likes art, not too modern, films that have a beginning and an end.

Help !!

Have you been to the Met?

Other than Legos, you can find some of all of that there. From Rafeal to Reubens to Monet, Egyptian sarcophagi, etc. it's one of the most amazing museums in the world.

My top NYC museum recommendation.

The met is my first choice

Also the 9/11 museum is interesting and the freedom tower observation deck is now open if you want to go that route

Disclaimer....I know the 2 museums can't compare....just suggesting 2 ends of the spectrum

The cloisters are incredible as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Way uptown in Manhattan there's a nice, fairly small art museum called The Cloisters. It's not too modern. In fact, it's positively medieval.

We talked about finally going up there yesterday. Ended up at the Natural History instead. It was just a nice day to walk across the park...

So I suggested the Met to DH. His reply was "You can go, I'll go to the M&M Shop"!!!!

I guess I've married a philistine and maybe I'll just do what he suggests. Having said that, he'll probably squeal that I'm leaving him on his own - I can't win.

Seriously though, he isn't as bad as I've painted. Everyone is different and museums simply aren't his thing. He has, however, agreed to go to the Tenement Museum so that's a victory :D

Might he like the Intrepid?

Show him the Intrepid! Big aircraft carrier with the lingering smell of fuel oil. Lots of aircraft on deck and below, and a Space Shuttle! A submarine to climb into. Don't tell him that it's the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum, just tell him it's an aircraft carrier! Problem solved!

Show him the Intrepid! Big aircraft carrier with the lingering smell of fuel oil. Lots of aircraft on deck and below, and a Space Shuttle! A submarine to climb into. Don't tell him that it's the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum, just tell him it's an aircraft carrier! Problem solved!

Could be something he would do as he enjoys the Space Centre in Florida. How long do you think a visit would take?

Could be something he would do as he enjoys the Space Centre in Florida. How long do you think a visit would take?

2-4 hours, depending on level of interest and how much time you spend reading. I think we spent just over 2 hours...