pre-booking a clamshell for HMC

sailsalot

Hello everyone!

Just curious how to pre-book a clamshell. I've read threads talking about the benefit of booking them prior to the cruise, but haven't seen actually how to do that. The option to book a clamshell isn't listed on our excursions, so how does one go about booking a clamshell? Thanks for any advice on this!

Happy sailing!

Hello everyone!

Just curious how to pre-book a clamshell. I've read threads talking about the benefit of booking them prior to the cruise, but haven't seen actually how to do that. The option to book a clamshell isn't listed on our excursions, so how does one go about booking a clamshell? Thanks for any advice on this!

Happy sailing!

How far out is your cruise. The clamshell should be on your excursions on line. Call HAL if not.

Our cruise is in late Nov. Only the pricey cabanas and villas are listed. I'll check again in case I missed it. Also, do we actually pay in advance with a credit card, or are we just reserving it, and then we'll pay for it with our shipboard account? Thanks again!

I rented one and I won't do it again. It was very crowded to get over there so I waited a bit. By the time I got over there it was very difficult to find an empty one and even worse to get it set up. Each person told me to go to the next person.

I rented one and I won't do it again. It was very crowded to get over there so I waited a bit. By the time I got over there it was very difficult to find an empty one and even worse to get it set up. Each person told me to go to the next person.

We won't either. We've rented both a cabana (way too much $$$ for too little) and a clamshell. We'd read to get off early to be sure of getting your prebooked clamshell so we did and ended up behind the free loungers unable to see the water. Then we spent almost all the time in the water and then having lunch, making it a waste of $$ even at the low price.

Love HMC! Have a great time!

Our cruise is in late Nov. Only the pricey cabanas and villas are listed. I'll check again in case I missed it. Also, do we actually pay in advance with a credit card, or are we just reserving it, and then we'll pay for it with our shipboard account? Thanks again!

You pay in advance with a credit card. I believe it is $16-$18. Worth it!

We have never had a problem having it set up; just getting to HMC.

Hello everyone!

Happy sailing!

I was able to book a clam shell for our November cruise last week. I find having one lets me stay on shore much longer. I burn way too easy and there is minimal shade. Last year it took longer than usual to become available for our November cruise. I would recommend checking in on your excursions at least weekly to see when they become available for booking.

We always rent a clamshell, but be aware that not all of you is covered. You still need to cover your lower legs and feet, if you are sun sensitive or staying there for long.

I find it a worthwhile investment for not much money. Yes, you are not right at the waterfront, but it is easy to get to the water when you want. I like to go ashore early and get ours set up, but if you want privacy you can meander farther down the shore.

We rented those which were ok to keep us out of the sun, but they are "fixed in place" so no matter how early you get there, there will be a bunch of people who will drag their chairs right in front of you. You get a view of them and their chairs instead of the ocean. We have rented the "pop up tents" so we could have moved them, they have been the best option, but pretty uncomfortable to have to lay in the sand. It really has limited the time we can spend on the Island. I would much prefer an Umbrella rental we could use with a lounge chair. But that is the fair skinned,

monster sunburner in me :(