NCL Freestyle Deck?

amor1964

NCL has a Freestyle Deck, other lines call it a "Clothing Optional Adult Area."

Sadly it appears that the Star does not have this dedicated area. I am wondering who knows which NCL ships have a freestyle deck, where it is, and how was it?

I know the Star does not have it and im betting only the bigger ships do as space is so limited and it might be hard to find a place that would be say "out of the way" so those that do not enjoy this kind of thing would not accidently run into it.

The Freestyle deck was on the GEM last January, and it was on the JEWEL last December. :cool: I haven't heard of NCL replacing it with anything so I'm hoping it will still be on the GEM in December this year.

I didn't notice a Freestyle deck anywhere on the STAR this year, or in the past on that ship.

Epic and Jewel series ships (highest deck) all have it. As someone else pointed out since space is at a premium on the smaller ships, that could be why they don't have it on the Dawn, Star, Sun, sky or Spirit.

Epic and Jewel series ships (highest deck) all have it. As someone else pointed out since space is at a premium on the smaller ships, that could be why they don't have it on the Dawn, Star, Sun, sky or Spirit.

It is not so much based on the size of the ship (Dawn and Star are very similar in size to the Jewel class ships), it is more about the age of the ship. All new ships, starting with the Jewel moving forward, have a Freestyle deck.

John

It is not so much based on the size of the ship (Dawn and Star are very similar in size to the Jewel class ships), it is more about the age of the ship. All new ships, starting with the Jewel moving forward, have a Freestyle deck.

John

Thanks John, as you will notice I did say "could be why", that was just a guess out of left field.

Thanks John, as you will notice I did say "could be why", that was just a guess out of left field.

On the older ships, NCL did not know they had to cater to nekkid people. :D

Besides on the ships I have been on the majority of the people up on the Freestyle deck were performer in the shows. From what I am told it is more just topless for the women and not usually total nudity. As with all things there are exceptions, before someone comes along and calls me a liar.

John

On the older ships, NCL did not know they had to cater to nekkid people. :D

Besides on the ships I have been on the majority of the people up on the Freestyle deck were performer in the shows. From what I am told it is more just topless for the women and not usually total nudity. As with all things there are exceptions, before someone comes along and calls me a liar.

John

Well since no one would wish to see me nekkid, including me :eek:. I think I'll stick with the "clothing required" sundecks. ;)

I only knew which ships had them because I had already did research as I have recommended NCL to many relatives who wished to be certained that they were not going to inadvertantly wander there. :eek:

I was on the freestyle upper deck(19)nude everyday of the cruise on the Epic with my roomate(Barcelona to Italy and France in July). One woman and her husband were nude together,every day, sometimes alone, a few other guys sunbathed in the nude and one waiter covered his genitals when he turned over to lie on his back.We had one young guy come up and take off his shirt while he peered out from under his hat at all of us who were naked! Lots of people with cameras(some couples, some families)got to the top of the stairs and saw us naked and left quietly...obviously not having seen the sign Freestyle deck, Adults Only. I feel it might have been better to have the words Adult Clothing Optional Deck.

I'm not sure that everyone understand that "Freestyle sundeck" means that people might be naked there.

Freestyle Dining doesn't mean that people are allowed to be naked in the dining rooms! I think that many just think that Freestyle sundeck just mean that there is an extra sundeck to give people more options.

I'm not sure that everyone understand that "Freestyle sundeck" means that people might be naked there.

Freestyle Dining doesn't mean that people are allowed to be naked in the dining rooms! I think that many just think that Freestyle sundeck just mean that there is an extra sundeck to give people more options.

TBH this is the first time I read about this, I've seen the signs onboard but never realized that those meant "clothing optional" up there.

Live and learn. :)

TBH this is the first time I read about this, I've seen the signs onboard but never realized that those meant "clothing optional" up there.

Live and learn. :)

Actually some are clearly marked. This is a photo of the sign on the Pearl

IMGP0796.jpg.45b1ca097bff1e435922672004dd6722.jpg

Years ago on my very first cruise aboard the Carnival Celebration, I went up to the "clothing optional deck", during my exploration of every nook and cranny of the ship. What I witnessed there was a bunch of young men standing around trying not to look like they were waiting for a woman to come up and take off her top...... Naw we cool man! Jus hangin' on out on the topless deck, shootin' the bull! WHATEVER!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Archived