Crown and anchor status

smeck

Some here have said that if they are on a back-to-back cruise and their status changed during the first leg of the cruise, their status was updated for the second leg of the cruise.

Other than that, status does not usually change until you have completed a cruise. The new higher status will apply on your next cruise.

That said, on our last cruise we received our second crystal engraved ship block because of the number of cruise credits we were earning during that cruise. I was really surprised because I didn't think we would receive that gift until we sailed on our next cruise.

Some here have said that if they are on a back-to-back cruise and their status changed during the first leg of the cruise, their status was updated for the second leg of the cruise.

Other than that, status does not usually change until you have completed a cruise. The new higher status will apply on your next cruise.

That said, on our last cruise we received our second crystal engraved ship block because of the number of cruise credits we were earning during that cruise. I was really surprised because I didn't think we would receive that gift until we sailed on our next cruise.

Re: back to back cruises- Even then, the change (if applicable) isn't made until the completion of the first sailing. The only difference with speaking to the loyalty ambassador is that that way you can ensure that the status is recognized on the 2nd leg of the back to back; normally it takes a couple of weeks for RC's computer system to show your updated status, which means it your status wouldn't be recognized quickly enough to apply for cruise #2.

With the crystal block, that's different from an actual change in C&A status, and the benefits state that it will be given during the cruise on which you earn the necessary number of points (although it reality they often mail it to you later, or sometimes never, in which case you have to call them 5 times to remind them, LOL)

Stupid question for sure . If your status changes in the middle of a cruise do you receive those benefits during your current sailing or the following cruise?

Your new status is not recognized until your next sailing. On our last cruise, DH and I became Emerald, 5 days into an 11 day cruise. Even though the cruise was long enough to almost equal 2 cruises, we were told that no changes could be made to current status.

Archived