Can we do it

dhill

ON 2/08/14 we put a deposit down on a 11 day Hawaiin cruise with Celeberity.This was booked thru an independently owened and operated T.A that was affliated with an on linebooking site.We received a $252 p/p discount off the standard rate of$1969.08 on a balcony room which was a group rate.PLUs $100 O.B.C and a free shore Ex value of $75.00.We have already made final payment for this cruise.I was looking at the website this morning and noticed the price is $10.00 cheaper (not much cheaper but still cheaper) and they are also offering a free drink package if you book this cruise.I had noticed the free drink package a couple of weeks ago and called the agent about cancelling and rebooking the cruise so we would recieve this package.She stated that in the long run that it would cost us more then the package was worth.I feel we shoud be intitled to recieve the drink package but dont know how to go about doing this?Am i wrong? This is only our secound cruise I might be barking up the wrong tree. What do you guys think?:confused:

You could just ask your TA if they will include the drink package

Would have been better if you asked before final payment but it never hurts to ask

All they can do is say NO

If you booked your cruise when Celebrity wasn't offering the drink package, and they don't offer this perk all the time, you are not entitled to the package. We booked a Celebrity cruise during a time when they weren't offering it as an incentive to book, so we just purchased the drink package on our own. Also, not all cruises offer a drinks package, especially trans ocean sailings, so seeing that your cruise may be a trans Pacific cruise, a free drinks package is not offered.

Canceling and rebooking could cost you all the perks you already have, plus you'd probably have a hefty cancellation fee, and it's likely you'd lose the cabin you booked because once you cancel your cabin goes back into the general inventory and anyone can quickly snatch it up and book it.

ON 2/08/14 we put a deposit down on a 11 day Hawaiin cruise with Celeberity.This was booked thru an independently owened and operated T.A that was affliated with an on linebooking site.We received a $252 p/p discount off the standard rate of$1969.08 on a balcony room which was a group rate.PLUs $100 O.B.C and a free shore Ex value of $75.00.We have already made final payment for this cruise.I was looking at the website this morning and noticed the price is $10.00 cheaper (not much cheaper but still cheaper) and they are also offering a free drink package if you book this cruise.I had noticed the free drink package a couple of weeks ago and called the agent about cancelling and rebooking the cruise so we would recieve this package.She stated that in the long run that it would cost us more then the package was worth.I feel we shoud be intitled to recieve the drink package but dont know how to go about doing this?Am i wrong? This is only our secound cruise I might be barking up the wrong tree. What do you guys think?:confused:

The April 2015 cruise? If so you are definitely not within "final payment" even if you have made the final payment.

Few things to consider--

-How does Celebrity treat cruises that are paid in full before the final payment date?

-Some fares are not eligible to be included within group rates.

-The TA could have fees for any changes to an existing booking.

You state you are part off a group and that often dictates different terms than a solo booker. You likely got benefits of reduced price and OBC because of being in this group.

Also, it is very common for all cruise lines with empty cabins to offer additional benefits or cut prices after final payment in order to fill the ship. When final payment is made, they know exactly how many more cabins they have to sell. No ship wants to sail with a single empty cabin as, of course, that is lost revenue.

If you read the terms of the beverage package, you may see language to the effect of 'new bookings only'.

Most of us who have cruised a great deal have encountered all these sorts of 'slights' through the years. It is part of booking cruises. We have lost out on many late offers because we booked and paid before final payment. In exchange for that, we booked our air fare early which resulted in lower fares than had we booked late and we had the cabins of our choice in the location we want.

It's all 'part of the game'.

My sister and I booked Equinox on a trans Atlantic, and even though the beverage package incentive was available, it wasn't available for our crossing because Celebrity doesn't offer the free package for any ocean crossings.