Hollywood beach area pre-cruise

bananawindnj

Has anyone stayed in the Hollywood Beach area pre-cruise for the port of Miami? We we are thinking of staying there a few days before our cruise in Miami in February ,and also want to know if there will be transportation available to POM terminal. I assume that we can get a taxi from there. Can we stay without a car for 4 days?

Has anyone stayed in the Hollywood Beach area pre-cruise for the port of Miami? We we are thinking of staying there a few days before our cruise in Miami in February ,and also want to know if there will be transportation available to POM terminal. I assume that we can get a taxi from there. Can we stay without a car for 4 days?

Sure! I would probably want to book the new Margaritaville Resort.

Personally, we have stayed in the Hilton Diplomat at Holywood, we used the Hotel when it was the Westin Diplomat. Direct Beach access from the Hotel (no roads).

If considering FL central look at The Pillars.

Have a great vacation.

I really like Hollywood Beach. We have stayed at the Riptide and the Neptune. We didn't care for the Neptune. The Riptide is pretty good and it has a fun little tiki bar out front. The hotels are older and therefore, quirky. I would like to try the Marriott next time. Of course, I will def book Margaritaville when it opens. I would give it a go if I were you- as long as your hotel expectations are not too high. And most of all I would stay on the broad walk- it is fun and lots of good people-watching.

In my opinion 4 days without a car you would be better off staying in Fort Lauderdale at one of the beach hotels by Los Olas Blvd.. At least this way you have more means of transportation. There is a sun trolley with multiple routes that you can travel on for a $3 day pass. Mall, downtown area, beach areas. Also water taxis. You could easily pass 4 days in Lauderdale area without a car then Hollywood.

Then you can taxi back to FLL airport and book a shuttle like SAS which is like $15 per person for a ride to Port of Miami.

Edited by jb456

I have stayed on Hollywood Beach for 3 days (2 nights) for a pre-cruise stay out of Ft Lauderdale. We stayed at the Walkabout Beach Resort, which I can recommend highly. It is an older property steps from the ocean and with incredible ocean views from many of the rooms, painted kitschy pink, but with really cute beachy rooms. The onsite tiki bar is fun. Most of the rooms have a small kitchen, so you could do a grocery stop via cab on your way there to get some food and drink items to keep in your room.

The Marriott is right next door, and there are tons of restaurants and plenty to do via the boardwalk (although I think they formally refer to it as the broadwalk). I love the laid back vibe of the area, and the beach is great. You can rent clamshells on the beach for a reasonable fee. We did that one afternoon and just relaxed, read and people watched.

Sounds like you would be there for one day/night more than we were, and I can honestly say I think you can easily find plenty to do without needing access to a car. Oh, and yes, transportation is available, cabs/shuttles are plenty in all of southern Florida if you opt not to rent a car.

Edited by Blanq

We stayed at Villa Europa and loved it. You could stay 4 days without a car if you just basically want to hang out on the beach. There are lots of shops and restaurants along the broadwalk, but you could probably also get a car pretty cheap if you wanted to go that way.

We have booked the Riptide for two nights prior to our cruise in January. It is a smaller, older hotel but the reviews are favorable. Location is nice as it is right on the beach. We sail out of Miami so I booked John's Car Service for a private car to take us to port. He has been very easy to work with so far.