Liberty questions...

We are taking the Liberty in September and I have some questions. This is our 5th cruise but the last time was 1998!!! I know a lot has changed.

1) From what I have been reading there is one formal night and four casual nights. One the casual nights are nice jeans or capri's allowed?

2) When we get to the port can we drop off the luggage and then park? I am planning of packing light and taking my luggage with me.

3) Does RC allow a power strip? Seems like there is a shortage of outlets...

4) We are driving and parking, so we are not in a rush to get off when we return to port. Is there a way to request for a later time?

Thanks in advance

We are taking the Liberty in September and I have some questions. This is our 5th cruise but the last time was 1998!!! I know a lot has changed.

1) From what I have been reading there is one formal night and four casual nights. One the casual nights are nice jeans or capri's allowed? Yes.

2) When we get to the port can we drop off the luggage and then park? Yes. I am planning of packing light and taking my luggage with me.

3) Does RC allow a power strip? Seems like there is a shortage of outlets...They have allowed ours, but ours is the kind that has no extension cord.

4) We are driving and parking, so we are not in a rush to get off when we return to port. Is there a way to request for a later time? See Guest Services and ask for the time you want.

Thanks in advance

See answers in RED above.

1) From what I have been reading there is one formal night and four casual nights. One the casual nights are nice jeans or capri's allowed?

Nice jeans will be commonplace on the casual nights, and not totally unseen on the formal night.

2) When we get to the port can we drop off the luggage and then park? I am planning of packing light and taking my luggage with me.

Yes, there is a drop-off area where you can pull up and check your bags in with the pier staff before parking.

3) Does RC allow a power strip? Seems like there is a shortage of outlets...

I always take a small travel power strip (3 AC outlets and 2 USB outlets) and have never had a problem.

4) We are driving and parking, so we are not in a rush to get off when we return to port. Is there a way to request for a later time?

You can stay on the ship up until they basically give the "last call" for any remaining guests to please debark. That's usually around 10-ish.

Like how early...just wondering?

I am hoping with this being just a five night cruise, that I dont feel like just got

on and it's time to get off the ship!!

You look so forward to this and then it goes by so fast....

Like how early...just wondering?....

Windjammer might open at 6am or earlier. Dining room is usually only open a hour or so. Food venue times will be listed in your "as you depart" letter that you get the day before you get off.

On the morning we return do they serve breakfast?
Like how early...just wondering?

We did the 5 day cruise last month on Liberty. WJ was opened from 6:30AM until 9:00AM and the MDR was opened from 7:00AM until 8:30AM. They wanted cabins vacated no later than 9AM.

Edited by cruisenfever

• 1 month later...

I was just reading a Compass and under the information about the MDR it says no short pants allowed in dining room.

I asked about Capri's upthread and someone answered it is ok to wear them.

How about the men? My husband is planning on wearing nice shorts in the dining room if it is hot. Is that not allowed?

Leaving in one week! Yeah!

I was just reading a Compass and under the information about the MDR it says no short pants allowed in dining room.

How about the men? My husband is planning on wearing nice shorts in the dining room if it is hot. Is that not allowed?

The cruise line requests no shorts in the dining room at dinner time. They do not mention any exceptions if the shorts are nice, dress, or smart. However, you can probably ignore the cruise line's request as they probably won't enforce it.

Edited by clarea

shorts are n not allowed in the MDR for dinner. I would say about 80% of the time this is not only enforced it is clearly indicated on signs at the entrance.

Capris ARE NOT SHORTS. they hit below the knee.

Thanks for both of your answers. We will prepare for no shorts for him.

I am not someone who likes to break the rules. I just want to be dressed

appropriately for the situation.

I am so looking forward to this cruise! The last time we cruised was

18 years ago!

Hold it, guys. Karen, the OP, said that she wanted to "pack light and take her luggage with her."

If that is the plan, then she canNOT drop it off and go park.

Dropping it off with the porters means that she will NOT have her bags with her.

Karen, if you want to keep your bag(s) and carry them on yourself (they must be able to fit through the scanner, which is the same as an airport scanner), then you can't drop them off. If you give them to a porter, the porter will put them on a luggage cart, they will be transferred to the ship, and you will get them when you get them.

shorts are n not allowed in the MDR for dinner. I would say about 80% of the time this is not only enforced it is clearly indicated on signs at the entrance.

While it is posted, I would bet heavily that other than an occasional formal night it is enforced far less than 80%. Not even close. Have see shorts every night in the MDR on every cruise.

We were just on this cruise last week and there was a very large number of people wearing shorts in the MDR. I did not see anyone turned away.