Switching quads to 2 doubles after final payment

dogsambam

Our cruise has dropped in price after final payment. Obviously we can upgrade to a higher category, but the price drop also shows that two doubles in same category is a little less than than the quad we are booked in. Called Celebrity, and have gotten multiple different stories. Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this situation?

A new room is a new booking. I would be doubtful that they will allow what you propose, but since you have already learned that calls to different agents get you different answers, about all you can do is call again and if you ever get the answer you want, grab it. The problem is that they will not lower the price of the original room. So you would be paying that price, plus the price of the new room. True, you would be going from quad occupancy to double occupancy, but they probably would not allow you to make such a change after Final payment.

I'm speculating that you could cancel the 3/4 people in your cabin and get back the portion of their fare that is refundable at this date. They could then book a double at the current rate. But your base rate would not go down. You won't be refared after final payment. EM

I'm speculating that you could cancel the 3/4 people in your cabin and get back the portion of their fare that is refundable at this date. They could then book a double at the current rate. But your base rate would not go down. You won't be refared after final payment. EM

This is exactly how I would see this working too, though I wonder if they will refund 3/4 after final. I mean, final is final.... and the 3rd and 4th person fares, when you book are included in the Crusie Fare line, not as an added cost.

I have added people after final payment, nut never tried to remove a 3rd or 4th.

The cash you paid is gone definitely for 1 and 2, Q is what if you cancel 3 and 4.

I say call back and say that Pax 3 and Pax 4 need to pull out, and see if they will refund or not to see....