Mallorcas??

Crusin Karen

I am just hearing about these treats. Anyone know where I can get one?

Of course go to La Bombonera (home of the original Mallorca) or Cafe Mallorca...A trip to San Juan isn't complete without having one for breakfast. :p

Of course go to La Bombonera (home of the original Mallorca) or Cafe Mallorca...A trip to San Juan isn't complete without having one for breakfast. :p

Thank you! Are these in walking distance of ship and/or on the free trolley route?

Easy walking distance, for us at least. Both within a 1/2 block of each other Calle San Francisco and Calle Tanca. I think the Short Route trolley stops at the plaza across from Café Mallorca. The Long Route might but you'll go all around town and stop on the way back toward port .

Easy walking distance, for us at least. Both within a 1/2 block of each other Calle San Francisco and Calle Tanca. I think the Short Route trolley stops at the plaza across from Café Mallorca. The Long Route might but you'll go all around town and stop on the way back toward port .

Thank you! I'll keep a look out! (or SNIFF them out lol ;p)

Fried egg, ham, and cheese Mallorca is my favorite.

With a cup of cafe con leche.

I don't eat much in the mornings, so my Dad and I ventured out to Cafeteria Mallorca for a morning treat. For 2 cafe con leches and 1 mallorca to split, it was $5...what a steal! The mallorca was generously buttered grilled on a panini press before a heavy dusting of powdered sugar. It tasted like a buttery doughnut. It was a Sunday, so there was a jazz musician playing adding to the ambiance. It was a great way to start the day in Old San Juan.

I don't eat much in the mornings, so my Dad and I ventured out to Cafeteria Mallorca for a morning treat. For 2 cafe con leches and 1 mallorca to split, it was $5...what a steal! The mallorca was generously buttered grilled on a panini press before a heavy dusting of powdered sugar. It tasted like a buttery doughnut. It was a Sunday, so there was a jazz musician playing adding to the ambiance. It was a great way to start the day in Old San Juan.

Sure DOES sound like a great way to start the day! I will have to be on the look out and try one! I have been to SJ so many times and we have sailed from there twice and stayed a day pre and post cruise and never heard of them until recently.

Sure DOES sound like a great way to start the day! I will have to be on the look out and try one! I have been to SJ so many times and we have sailed from there twice and stayed a day pre and post cruise and never heard of them until recently.

I highly recommend it. It was within walking distance of our airbnb...heck everything in OSJ is within walking distance. They open pretty early. Things were in full swing at 8:30 in the morning on a Sunday with families and neighborhood folks enjoying a leisurely breakfast. If you're more hungry you can add more fillings into your mallorca (eggs, cheese, ham, etc)...it becomes Monte Cristo-like.

It re-opened in May 2016 :D

You just made my trip!!! Hmm..gotta drag myself over....maybe I should stay in OSJ pre cruise.....instead of Condado..

I live for their guava pastelitos...

[emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from the cat's Galaxy S8

• 2 weeks later...