Thenford Grey Multi Beach Snorkel Tour

cruisegal96

We just booked the grand tour of St Kitts with Thenford Grey for the beginning of February. His reviews are outstanding and he got back to me in a timely manner which I appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Also following this thread...read great things about his tours in general, but if anyone's done the Multi-Beach Snorkeling Tour, would love to hear your opinions on how it went. We're there in late March.

Edited by Flafun888

Sure wish I could find someone who did the snorkeling tour specifically. I read so many mixed reviews about St. Kitts beach snorkeling. (Unfortunately can't do reef trips...my DH doesn't tolerate the catamaran/fishing boat motion well.)

I'm not looking for world-class, but I do want to see more than sea grass and minnows to make a full day snorkeling excursion worth it. :rolleyes:

Sure wish I could find someone who did the snorkeling tour specifically. I read so many mixed reviews about St. Kitts beach snorkeling. (Unfortunately can't do reef trips...my DH doesn't tolerate the catamaran/fishing boat motion well.)

I'm not looking for world-class, but I do want to see more than sea grass and minnows to make a full day snorkeling excursion worth it. :rolleyes:

Yes me too Flafun888. The best beach snorkeling we've ever had was Trunk Bay in St. John. I'm hopeful for St. Kitt's! Maybe someone will give us a review of it.

Yes me too Flafun888. The best beach snorkeling we've ever had was Trunk Bay in St. John. I'm hopeful for St. Kitt's! Maybe someone will give us a review of it.

Good to know about Trunk Bay in case we ever cruise to St. John. Thanks! I get the feeling this Snorkeling Tour is newer than his others, so not many have tried it yet. Also guessing most people just do the catamaran/boat excursions out to the reef.

We did an island tour with Thenford 3 years ago. Perfect tour and he was great. Just booked the "2 snorkel tour" for March. I'm not expecting world class reefs or anything but hopefully it will be nice. I did find one excellent review at tripadvisor on the snorkel tour.

We did an island tour with Thenford 3 years ago. Perfect tour and he was great. Just booked the "2 snorkel tour" for March. I'm not expecting world class reefs or anything but hopefully it will be nice. I did find one excellent review at tripadvisor on the snorkel tour.

Thanks for your post. :) When in March are you going? Maybe you could report back? (Although I probably have to book by then...we'll be there late March)

Edited by Flafun888

• 3 months later...

Ski Mom 2 & Flafun888 How were your excursions? We are a few weeks out & just sent a message to Thenford Gray waiting to hear back. We are trying to book the multi beach snorkel. Hope you both had great cruises!!!

It was very good. Unfortunately I had a lot of problems with their equipment...masks leaking, snorkel kept disconnecting from mask...the last time it disconnected, I couldn't find it, so had to stop snorkeling half way through 2nd location and swim back to shore. But probably just my own bad luck - others seemed okay. (Currently shopping for my own equip for our next trip...can't deal with poor-fitting rentals anymore :)

But tour itself was quite good. Great mix of locations, very nice, friendly, accommodating guides. A very good value for the money and I definitely recommend it for all ages! Our group that day was about 10-12 people total (not my own group - it was just me and DH.) The other customers included mix of singles, couples and families.

Edited by Flafun888

We had a wonderful tour with Mr Grey! He was actually our tour guide and we couldn't have asked for better! He was thoughtful, full of knowledge and has a voice to rival James Earl Jones when telling stories about the island. His love for the people and the history of St Kitts showed.

We had an amazing day and the price couldn't have been better either!

On our grand tour of St Kitts we had about 15 people in an air conditioned small bus. He provided cold water for everyone to drink. At a few of our stops we could purchase drinks on our own.

• 2 weeks later...
It was very good. Unfortunately I had a lot of problems with their equipment...masks leaking, snorkel kept disconnecting from mask...the last time it disconnected, I couldn't find it, so had to stop snorkeling half way through 2nd location and swim back to shore. But probably just my own bad luck - others seemed okay. (Currently shopping for my own equip for our next trip...can't deal with poor-fitting rentals anymore :)

But tour itself was quite good. Great mix of locations, very nice, friendly, accommodating guides. A very good value for the money and I definitely recommend it for all ages! Our group that day was about 10-12 people total (not my own group - it was just me and DH.) The other customers included mix of singles, couples and families.

Oh no I hate when the equipment is a problem. We got our own equipment due to past problems too. I'm glad to hear the tour was good. What locations did you get on your tour? We are reserved now with Thenford Grey & hopeful that others will join in, as they told us there would need to be at least 4 people to take the tour out. It's just me & my husband so maybe others will join in. Only one month to go!!!! Thanks so much for your info!

I am interested in possibly booking this as I will be in St. Kitts 9/26.

Is there a website for him that I can book through?

Anymore infor would be greatly appreciated too.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the snorkel tour go out on a boat or are you driven to the beach and you swim out to the snorkel site?

If a boat, is it a catamaran?

I believe with the multi-beach snorkel tour you swim out to snorkel sites.

• 3 weeks later...

So, we did the multi beach last Thursday. We had a driver and a personal snorkel guide. Our family of 5 were the only ones on the tour, so that was extra great. We went by air conditioned van from the pier to Whitehouse bay. On the way, we stopped at Timothy Hill to get the photos of the Atlantic on one side and Caribbean on the other. Once on the beach, our guide led us out to see the shipwreck site. The beach is rocky, and the rocks are slick when going from the shore to the water deep enough to put on your fins. It was interesting to see the shipwreck, and then the guide took us over to the other side of the bay to a reef with a great variety of fish, as well as a sea turtle. The guide would go down and bring up things to touch and look at closely. After getting back to shore, we went to cockleshell beach, where we had lunch at a place called Rush Slowly. The food was very good, with prices comparable to other island prices (more than what you'd pay in US, but not extremely expensive.) The beach was beautiful and fish to be seen right off shore. We did not stay long, because we wanted to go to the reef, which was at frigate bay, off to the left. Again, our guide led us around the reef, pointing out octopus among other fish. There were a lot of starfish and sand dollars in the sandy part of the bay here. Overall, the family voted the best excursion of the trip (although personally, I liked St John/trunk bay better--saw an octopus here, too). We did see more variety of creatures on St Kitts, but I just loved the perfect beach at Trunk Bay. If you like to snorkel, this was a great tour. As others stated about Thenford Grey in general, they gave you a lot of info about the island and it's history. Have fun no matter what you decide to do!

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Adventure OTS & Thenford Grey Multi-beach snorkel tour was awesome!!!! Our guides were great, took us to several spots on island for views & photos, lots of information on the island & the snorkeling at Whitehouse Bay was wonderful. Our guide would dive down & bring up various items - a sea cucumber, sea eggs, large star fish, owl crab. He took my camera to snap a photo of an octopus on the bottom. We had lunch at Reggae's, another great spot. This is the best tour we've ever taken on a cruise!!! We will book with Thenford Grey again next time we are in St. Kitts. They even surprised us with an anniversary message wrote on the back windshield of our van. Charles & Jermaine Powell aka Mandella were fun & we can't wait to come back!!!!

1934544594_StKittstimothyHill.jpg.5d3f421cf6eb17e10dc4f29f59bafc53.jpg

118137853_20thAnnivsurprise.jpg.ace88498bb5328bec6b974c0d29096c9.jpg

1696538136_Snorkelstkitts.jpg.796fd0b4fc84f4e5d10dfddb49a4fe85.jpg

Question:

Can those that have done the multi snorkel trip let us know if you need to be a strong swimmer for this tour? Does the company have life vests to borrow?

Do you go out far?

I prefer a boat/cataraman type trip so I can stay near the boat while my hubby & teenage son wander. I need a floating device or life jacket to feel secure. Any tours like that?

:

Question:

Can those that have done the multi snorkel trip let us know if you need to be a strong swimmer for this tour? Does the company have life vests to borrow?

Do you go out far?

I prefer a boat/cataraman type trip so I can stay near the boat while my hubby & teenage son wander. I need a floating device or life jacket to feel secure. Any tours like that?

:

They provide life/snorkel vest that holds you well. I'm not a "strong" swimmer and had no issues The water at Whitehouse Bay was very calm the day we were there. You aren't far from the shore at all. This is a great tour I highly recommend it.

211625559_WhitehouseBay.jpg.f113c0c55627ef7666773f5f6dc36499.jpg

I think I am going to book this reservation. I will email them first with some questions. Was the boat a catamaran or just a regular boat?

After the tour, did you go to any beaches to relax and swim?