New to Thomson booked Discovery and have a few questions

I have cruised a few times before Royal Caribbean (2) and Carnival (2). And I have just booked a cruise only from Barbados on the discovery. Can anyone help with the following questions.

Dinning- is it easy to get tables for 2 in the main dinning room.

Is main dinning open for lunch every day

Is the tapas and the coffee shop included in the "all in" or is there a supplements for these restaurants/cafe

Are all cocktails included in "all in"

What is the cost of the Supplement for the Asian and the Steak house

Does anyone have info on gluten free food (especially sweets lol)

Cabins.

We have been allocated a cabin on deck 3 next to the lifts - is it noisy here.

Does anyone know what the white area across from 3552 is.

Do all cabins have tea & coffee making facilities, if so do they provide sachets of coffee.

Is there an ironing room.

Do they provide poolside towels

Excursions

When does booking for these open.

What currency are accounts settled in

What do we have to bring with us to board as I cant log into my booking on line as it is cruise only so only have a conformation email.

I am sure I will have more so all help appreciated.

I'm probably never t best placed to answer most of these as a newbie myself. But there is a separate thread on all inclusive. The all inclusive Is new on discovery this year and there is still some uncertainty what is included now - though some basic detail now has been found from the Thomson brochure for 2017/18. House wine / prosecco, some (non premium ) spirits/aperitifs, selected beer and cider, some cocktails (e.g. Long Island ice tea and pimms and lemonade) soft drinks including fruit juice and mcktails. Coffee from the coffee shop are not included I would say.

https://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruises:-May-2017-...-April-2018:-November-Edition/INTRODUCING-THOMSON-CRUISES/ALL-INCLUSIVE-EXPLAINED/pages_30-31

I'm probably never t best placed to answer most of these as a newbie myself. But there is a separate thread on all inclusive. The all inclusive Is new on discovery this year and there is still some uncertainty what is included now - though some basic detail now has been found from the Thomson brochure for 2017/18. House wine / prosecco, some (non premium ) spirits/aperitifs, selected beer and cider, some cocktails (e.g. Long Island ice tea and pimms and lemonade) soft drinks including fruit juice and mcktails. Coffee from the coffee shop are not included I would say.

https://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruises:-May-2017-...-April-2018:-November-Edition/INTRODUCING-THOMSON-CRUISES/ALL-INCLUSIVE-EXPLAINED/pages_30-31

lol It was me who found it yesterday and posted the link to the new brochure when I was trying to answer some of my own questions:') but thanks for replying as the Thomson cruise forum is much quieter and slower than the RCI and carnival ones where when I was using them last year

I have cruised a few times before Royal Caribbean (2) and Carnival (2). And I have just booked a cruise only from Barbados on the discovery. Can anyone help with the following questions.

Dinning- is it easy to get tables for 2 in the main dinning room.

Is main dinning open for lunch every day

Is the tapas and the coffee shop included in the "all in" or is there a supplements for these restaurants/cafe

Are all cocktails included in "all in"

What is the cost of the Supplement for the Asian and the Steak house

Does anyone have info on gluten free food (especially sweets lol)

Cabins.

We have been allocated a cabin on deck 3 next to the lifts - is it noisy here.

Does anyone know what the white area across from 3552 is.

Do all cabins have tea & coffee making facilities, if so do they provide sachets of coffee.

Is there an ironing room.

Do they provide poolside towels

Excursions

When does booking for these open.

What currency are accounts settled in

What do we have to bring with us to board as I cant log into my booking on line as it is cruise only so only have a conformation email.

I am sure I will have more so all help appreciated.

Wow - lots of queries !!! I can help with some.

We had no problem getting g a table for two. We only had to have a pager once and were called back to sit after about 5 mins - I'm sure this might alter week by week depending on guests on board.

I think the dining room was open some if not all days - we saw a menu for lunch but were never on the ship to partake.

AI - tapas included - coffee port - half price charge.

- loads of cocktails included

I did notice that there were gluten free options on board in both Islands and main dining room but if you have any problems you can have a word with reception and they will get you in touch with the chef in the galley.

Cabins did have tea and coffee. We had nescafe inc decaf and also Yorkshire tea bags.

Pool/beach towels are provided daily in your cabin

Excursions are available to book online but also as soon as the destination desk is open - not sure what times but every evening at least. There is also a digital booking system via onboard screens.

Accounts settled in sterling - I think you can go to reception to pay in cash and local currency but there will be a conversion charge. You need to give details before you board of a visa/debit card for this.

We were fly cruise and needed our passports and as said before a visa/debit card.

Hope this helps !! :confused:

We had cabin 2550, which I imagine is just below 3552, on Discovery last year and have booked the same cabin for Discovery 2 this year. Great cabin and not at all noisy. There was a white space opposite us too, I think it was a staff area, but never had any problems.

We loved Discovery, the best Thomson/Tui ship by far, so hoping no.2 will be as good.

Thanks for that info

fragilek - This may seem odd, but I saw on another old thread you have disembarked a ship early and I had some questions about that but had no way to contact you to ask. We are disembarking a day early from RCCL in Italy and I am just wondering how long it takes as we have a tour booked to make.

Thanks! Sorry to highjack this thread.

fragilek - This may seem odd, but I saw on another old thread you have disembarked a ship early and I had some questions about that but had no way to contact you to ask. We are disembarking a day early from RCCL in Italy and I am just wondering how long it takes as we have a tour booked to make.

I have disembarked a RCCL ship early. You can get off the ship as soon as it has arrived in port and has been cleared. You have to take your own suitcases. Early disembarkation has to be arranged with RCCL in advance.

I have disembarked a RCCL ship early. You can get off the ship as soon as it has arrived in port and has been cleared. You have to take your own suitcases. Early disembarkation has to be arranged with RCCL in advance.

We have already received the approval from RCCL to disembark early in Naples. We port at 7am and we have a tour starting at 8 am, our tour operator is concerned we will not get through customs in enough time to meet them. Do you think we will have enough time? I don't see why we wouldn't. We meet the tour at the end of the dock.

Sorry I can't help as we didn't end up doing that. We finished the cruise and went to Tuscany for the additional week instead of getting off early in Naples. Glad we did Tuscany was amazing