On board spending on brittania

cfb345

hi can anyone tell me if they now have the facility to check your on board spending on the TV in your room as I heave read that they don't and you have to go to reception to check it.when we were on Ventura we could check on TV in room

Hilariously a man from Liverpool was telling me that he was having a conversation with someone on Cunard and he said one of the things he liked about P&O that wasn't available on Cunard was checking OBS on the TV. Apparently a woman was earwigging and replied "if you need to check how much you are spending perhaps you shouldn't be cruising with Cunard" LOL can you believe it!!!

Hilariously a man from Liverpool was telling me that he was having a conversation with someone on Cunard and he said one of the things he liked about P&O that wasn't available on Cunard was checking OBS on the TV. Apparently a woman was earwigging and replied "if you need to check how much you are spending perhaps you shouldn't be cruising with Cunard" LOL can you believe it!!!

Haha this is funny but I do miss not being able to see what my bill is just in case there are any mistakes etc. You would have thought that a new ship like Britannia would have had this facility.:rolleyes:

Hi,

There was no facility to check your account on your room TV. I think a balance was provided half way through. I was a bit surprised as this was left on the bed without being in an envelope. I remember thinking thank goodness we had left the gratuities on ! We did go to the reception when it was quiet for an extra check. Its done in a couple of minutes. There were some good films to watch as an extra fee which varied. Again a bit disappointed that these weren't changed for the second week. Having said that we really enjoyed the Britannia so much we've booked again for next month.

Hi,

There was no facility to check your account on your room TV. I think a balance was provided half way through. I was a bit surprised as this was left on the bed without being in an envelope. I remember thinking thank goodness we had left the gratuities on ! We did go to the reception when it was quiet for an extra check. Its done in a couple of minutes. There were some good films to watch as an extra fee which varied. Again a bit disappointed that these weren't changed for the second week. Having said that we really enjoyed the Britannia so much we've booked again for next month.

I agree about the confidentiality of your onboard statement being left on the bed and not in an envelope. On the maiden cruise I complained to reception as ours was left in the post box outside our stateroom and anyone could have read it. Obviously they didnt listen and are not bothered about confidentiality and we thought exactly the same about gratuities.

I find it strange that the tv's on Britannia are so advanced with the interactive TV and the on demand services but they can't do basic things like check account balances. I believe that quite a few cruise lines have had this technology to be able to check balances for years

Haha this is funny but I do miss not being able to see what my bill is just in case there are any mistakes etc. You would have thought that a new ship like Britannia would have had this facility.:rolleyes:

We saw our bill this morning ---------- just as well we couldn't check it out as we went along:D:eek::D:eek:

We saw our bill this morning ---------- just as well we couldn't check it out as we went along:D:eek::D:eek:

It's a bit like shops not having clocks on the wall so you don't hurry out of them [emoji6]

Hi,

I'm used to the to system on Ventura and Azura, and surprised Britannia is not the same, how different is the tv system? Can you book room service for breakfast?

Many thanks

H

It does seem silly that a brand new ship doesn't have this facility. I do like to keep a check.:eek:

I've just a relevant question over on the Princess forum and been told that Royal and Regal Princesses (sisters to Britannia) don't have this functionality either. However, I was also told that Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princesses - the sisters to Ventura and Azura - also don't have it, so it looks as if it was P&O-only enhancement feature on Ventura and Azura.

Just like asking how much the unpriced Rolex in the window is. "if you want to know the price you can't afford it", which, in my cynical mode is snob speak for "rich people don't mind us ripping them off but you price concious oiks can b****r off ":rolleyes:

I've just a relevant question over on the Princess forum and been told that Royal and Regal Princesses (sisters to Britannia) don't have this functionality either. However, I was also told that Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princesses - the sisters to Ventura and Azura - also don't have it, so it looks as if it was P&O-only enhancement feature on Ventura and Azura.

I was on the Emerald Princess in Jan 2008 and they had the account details on the cabin TV's then.

Beware of what the check in staff tell you about this subject, I was informed by the check in lady at Mayflower terminal at the beginning of my Arcadia cruise that it would be possible to check the account on the TV which surprised me greatly because I'd previously read somewhere (probably this forum!) that it wasn't possible. Sure enough it wasn't possible, in fact Arcadia's TV system is really poor. They fitted nice new flatscreen TV's during the refit but the picture quality is terrible, and there didn't seem to be any interactive features, on demand movies at all. I guess they need to upgrade the back end equipment.