What do you do with your stuff..

MM051510

My DH and I are going on a western Caribbean cruise next week & I'm wondering --

What do you do with your money/wallet/purse, camera, phones, etc while on beach at port of you wanna go swimming!?

We don't bring much...a bit of cash, 1 credit card...not the one we link our ship's account to...and that's it!

Don't bring an expensive camera....use a disposable....no one wants the photos, and no one will steal a throwaway camera!

I stick cash/credit card into the pages of an old paperback book while I take a dip. I can easily watch my stuff while I get wet. Or, hubby and I will take turns....

If you're on an excursion, you can leave your stuff in the boat/bus...whatever, while you're in the water.

A velcroed pocket on swim trunks can hold cash, credit card and room key...water won't hurt them.

My DH and I are going on a western Caribbean cruise next week & I'm wondering --

What do you do with your money/wallet/purse, camera, phones, etc while on beach at port of you wanna go swimming!?

When we go on beach or water involved excursions we only take our ship's card, ID (driver's license) and some cash, plus a waterproof camera. No phone. Your ship's card and DL as well as the cash can get wet. Same with the camera. My husband has a pocket in his swim trunks for putting his "stuff" in. I have a more intimate spot in my swim suit for carrying "stuff" ;). And the camera stays on by wrist via floatable wrist strap.

I haven't been on a cruise specifically, but when we traveled through the Yucatan in December, a lot of the beach clubs and snorkel tours and such had lockers you could rent. Then you only had to deal with a locker key. I'd probably bring as little as possible and either take it into the water or rent a locker.