Visa Points

Beach1

If you use Visa points to add to on board credit and you don't use them all, like gratuity , etc. Can you get the remainder added back to your credit card.

They will automatically credit the dollar amount back to your credit card for the unused portion and deduct their point value from your balance i.e. 2 points for each $1.

I don't think you can get the points back, but you can get unused OBC refunded in cash at the end of your cruise. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Yes, we've done this more than once. Not sure how we ended up having a balance but it has happened.

I go to customer service and tell them I want to withdraw the cash. Never a problem

The best solution because you don't lose the double points when credited back to the credit card.

I've also cashed in unused on board credit the last night of the cruise. However, what happens if points are cashed in for on board credit or towards the cost of the cruise and then the cruise and then I can't go and have to cancel? What about a gift certificate, my kids gave me a gift certificate last year for Christmas and I've applied it toward a 2018 cruise. If for some reason, I can't go, will my credit card be credited or will it go back to my daughter's card, since she's the one who paid for the gift certificate?

I've also cashed in unused on board credit the last night of the cruise. However, what happens if points are cashed in for on board credit or towards the cost of the cruise and then the cruise and then I can't go and have to cancel? What about a gift certificate, my kids gave me a gift certificate last year for Christmas and I've applied it toward a 2018 cruise. If for some reason, I can't go, will my credit card be credited or will it go back to my daughter's card, since she's the one who paid for the gift certificate?

If you cash in Visa points for OBC or cruise discount, you would lose that if you cancel. To my knowledge, they never put points back on your credit card. You could save the OBC by moving it to another cruise before you cancel the original cruise. I don't know if you can save the cruise discount that same way.

I also don't know the terms of the gift certificate.