Barcelona cruise port

adammovies

Only one port for cruise ships, but it's a big one - a matter of luck where your captain parks.

We walked to the port gate & wished we hadn't :rolleyes:

And your hotel is near the top of Las Ramblas, a 20-minute walk (without luggage) from the port gate.

I don't know whether taxis will be available at the ship - if not, take the shuttlebus then a taxi from the rank near the ho-ho buses.

JB :)

What ship are you sailing on, what date? Smaller ships sometimes dock in a different area of the port from the big mainstream cruises. The boarding documents from your cruise line should indicate the name of the dock, and this information should also be available on the port website.

What ship are you sailing on, what date? Smaller ships sometimes dock in a different area of the port from the big mainstream cruises. The boarding documents from your cruise line should indicate the name of the dock, and this information should also be available on the port website.

Correct - smaller ships often dock at the terminal by the World Trade Centre which is much more convenient for walking from Las Ramblas. If you are at the other larger terminal a shuttle bus runs from near the Columbus statue at the bottom of Las Ramblas; with luggage however I would take a taxi.

Edited by campolady

June 6 2017

Correct - smaller ships often dock at the terminal by the World Trade Centre which is much more convenient for walking from Las Ramblas. If you are at the other larger terminal a shuttle bus runs from near the Columbus statue at the bottom of Las Ramblas; with luggage however I would take a taxi.

That would be my recommendation, too. If you don't have luggage, the shuttle bus stop near the Columbus statue is a short walk to metro and HOHO stops.

The World Trade Centre terminal, the shuttlebus drop-point for other berths, the taxi rank, the ho-ho stop, the Columbus memorial and the bottom of Las Ramblas are all within a few hundred yards of each-other.

But the Hotel Silken Ramplas is near the top of Las Ramblas, involving a walk of a mile or more.

With luggage, a taxi is probably the best bet.

JB :)

• 3 weeks later...
Is there more than one cruise port in Barcelona Spain.my hotel is the silken ramblas.looking for the best way to get to the cruise port.taxi or bus.thank you

Hey there!

To get to the cruise port from the Silken Ramblas Hotel the best way is to take a cab or if you want to pre-book a private transfer because the shuttle buses are not allowed to enter the La Rambla, only public buses and cabs. In case you want to sort everything out beforehand you can reserve the transfer easily with a travel company who is situated in Carrer Moles! On their website they give you a pretty nice overview about the transfer services they offer.

Hope I could help :)