Taxi From Port of Barcelona to airport

ljlady

Happy New Year

Does anyone have experience with taking taxi from Port of Barcelona to airport? Should I book a private taxi or would I be able to get one easily and quickly when I get off ship....plan on self-disembarkement so should be off early....Brillance of the Seas arriving back on August 29th and getting 11 a.m. flight to Dresden Germany.

Would appreciate any comments and/or suggestions.

Lorraine

I've only taken one from a hotel there but be warned the cars are usually small. There were 3 of us with 4 suitcases and my son practically had to sit on one! :) Our taxi driver over didn't speak any English at all so any Spanish you have is helpful. Other than that, the city is beautiful, really easy to get around and they people were super nice. I can't wait to go back!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy New Year

Does anyone have experience with taking taxi from Port of Barcelona to airport? Should I book a private taxi or would I be able to get one easily and quickly when I get off ship....plan on self-disembarkement so should be off early....Brillance of the Seas arriving back on August 29th and getting 11 a.m. flight to Dresden Germany.

Lorraine

Taxi is a flat rate of 39 Euros, inclusive of luggage.

If you are planning on self disembark, you should be OK. There will be loads of taxis there and it is only later in the day (say about 0830-0900) that queues start to form. If there is only two of you, you should be OK with a 'normal' taxi. As Bob says, flat fare and it takes about 30 minutes.

Simon

Happy New Year

Lorraine

Hey Lorraine,

Shouldn't be a problem to get a cab but why not prebooking a private transfer just to be sure? Also you are travelling in high-season. I think it's a bit more expensive (got a 4-seater for around 45€ with BCN Travel) though but depends. I was travelling with 2 friends so per person it's okay.

Cheers!

Not sure about why anyone thinks there is an issue. Barcelona's airport is quite modern with all the usual services and a typical design. Once you get your luggage you will clear customs and then you simply walk out the main doors of the terminal where you will see the taxi queue. There is usually somebody working the queue who will even help you into the next taxi. Most drivers will understand enough of your English to know where to go...but its always a good idea to write down your destination and address and also show it to the driver. Of course if you are simply going to a major hotel...that is not even going to be an issue. Be prepared to pay in Euros or with a credit card. If you do not have Euros you can get them out of a bank ATM in the airport. But more and more....Western Europe is becoming a credit card culture where Visa/MC rules. We now carry 3 credit cards with zero foreign exchange fees...which have significantly reduced the amount of cash we need to carry.

Hank

Not sure about why anyone thinks there is an issue. Barcelona's airport is quite modern with all the usual services and a typical design. Once you get your luggage you will clear customs and then you simply walk out the main doors of the terminal where you will see the taxi queue. There is usually somebody working the queue who will even help you into the next taxi. Most drivers will understand enough of your English to know where to go...but its always a good idea to write down your destination and address and also show it to the driver. Of course if you are simply going to a major hotel...that is not even going to be an issue. Be prepared to pay in Euros or with a credit card. If you do not have Euros you can get them out of a bank ATM in the airport. But more and more....Western Europe is becoming a credit card culture where Visa/MC rules. We now carry 3 credit cards with zero foreign exchange fees...which have significantly reduced the amount of cash we need to carry.

Hank

Think he is concerned about making a 11 am flight FROM Barcelona after getting off the cruise ship.