Fingernails and Toenails

trixiegolf

As crzndeb said, these days they don't even have to match on every finger or toe! Like many, I tend to go bright or dark on my toes, clear or subtle on my fingers. If my fingernails would ever all be a decent length at one time, then maybe I could finally have some finger-pizzazz too! I loved the acrylics I had but I'm still paying the price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

My match sometimes but coordinate others. My manicurist does gel nails on my fingers and gel polish on my toes. I usually go every 2 weeks for fingers and 4 weeks for toes. She always asks about what events I might have and picks something that looks great.

Mine never match. I collect polishes, so I have lots of choices. I don't do my toes very often in the fall/winter, since they are hidden, but the fingers get a new color every 4-5 days.

Ditto! I could have written the same answer. I love choices and have lost of them.

One day I might even try my granddaughter's idea of painting each toenail a different color. What fun!

90% of the time my finger and toe nails match. Then the other 10% of the time I'll wear say black on my toe nails and black on 4 of my fingernails and the 5th nail I'll either paint a different color or draw a design on it with a contrasting color. That's how I roll. LOL!

To answer the OP...No...your fingernails and toenails do not have to match. Do your thing!

Edited by mousey

Mine always match! I use the same on fingers as toes! The only way I'd have them not match is if, say, toes were colored, and fingers were a "french tip"....otherwise, just use the same polish!

Ditto for me.

I'm with this camp! My fingers and toes either match, or one of them is "frenched"....even in the winter, when you can't even see the toes!:o

Polish stays on my toes alot longer than on my fingernails. I get pedicures quite a bit and usually have them be a bright color. When I do paint my fingernails its usually a neutral color, professional looking, or french tip. While it doesn't match my toes usually they usually still match and look nice together.

Mine ALWAYS match......because I don't paint them. Tee hee!

Some guys do,and I'm ok with that, but I'm just not in that place right now. I will, however, buff my nails to a brilliant shine. I wear two fitted toe rings so if I'm gonna' have my toes on display I had better have them in check!

OP, do what makes you happy. Protocol is but a memory anymore.

Rep