Celebrity CruiseCare

Does anyone have an opinion on Celebrity's "CruiseCare?" We've always included this, and prefer to have travel insurance. I'm curious if most people here opt for Celebrity's CruiseCare, purchase insurance elsewhere, or go without.

If purchased elsewhere, would anyone like to share where they purchase?

I see the cost for our next cruise is $400, which seems a little high to me. But I honestly don't recall what we've paid in the past.

Thoughts? Opinion?

Thanks,

Many cruisers focus on trip cancellation...where their liability is limited to the cost of the trip. But too many do not pay much attention to Medical Insurance...where their liability is virtually unlimited. Celebrity Care (and most other policies offered by other cruise lines) are wholly inadequate with their medical and trip evacuation coverage. The $10,000 maximum medical would hardly cover a single day....in case of a major medical emergency.

Hank

We always buy travel insurance. Usually costs about 6% and up of our trip cost. We are seniors and the price keeps going up with our age,BUT we have used it 4 times in the past 11 years, for family death, sickness and accident on a trip. We travel 3 x a year. We buy third party insurance, make sure it has at least $100,000 in evacuation.

Never know what could happen, my SIL had a heart attack, a day prior to boarding a ship..the insurance company took care of everything. When discharged from the hospital they even would have paid for a nurse to accompany him on the plane if needed. He is fine now..

Does anyone have an opinion on Celebrity's "CruiseCare?" We've always included this, and prefer to have travel insurance. I'm curious if most people here opt for Celebrity's CruiseCare, purchase insurance elsewhere, or go without.

If purchased elsewhere, would anyone like to share where they purchase?

I see the cost for our next cruise is $400, which seems a little high to me. But I honestly don't recall what we've paid in the past.

Thoughts? Opinion?

Thanks,

I rely on the perks of my Chase Sapphire Reserve card and my United Airlines card to deal with trip cancellation stuff. And I am comfortable with self-insuring for anything beyond that in this category because they won't break the bank.

Medical is my real concern, as those costs can far exceed my ability to self-insure. Therefore I did buy a full year of travel medical insurance that covers medical and medical evacuation. I used GeoBlue and for a M61/F60 it cost 390, fwiw. I've read good things about their service, here, and I hope I never have to find out if they are accurate.