Surf to drydock

milepig

Windsurf to drydock.

We just finished Barcelona/Lisbon, and learned that the Surf is returning to Cadiz (as I type) for a couple weeks in dry dock, they said work on the hull and also replacing the laundry (that is the original) and I don't know what else. After that, they're doing the trans-atlantic empty for a general spiffing, but I didn't hear what they were doing, carpet and varnish was mentioned. The crew said it was a $4.1M rehab.

• 2 months later...
We just got off. Public areas look good but the cabins definitely need a facelift, so I'm guessing they were not part of the facelift.

It is all a matter of expectations. On our two previous Windsurf cruises, we thought the ship looked fantastic, but had read reviews that described the ship as looking "shabby."

We just completed the Yachtsman's Caribbean route, sailing 2/14 to 2/21. Our Deck 3 suite looked great, except for a large carpet stain near the entry door. The chipped and worn desktops we saw on our 2012 cruise have been replaced. Some public restrooms had wallpaper that looked dated, but were very clean. Housekeeping was impeccable in public areas and in our suite. Crew were painting and varnishing on days when most people were ashore. We have sailed many times on the Surf; I think it looks better than ever.