Asia Yangtze River Cruise

calliejean

We're thinking of going on an 8 day Yangtze River cruisetour followed by the 17 day Grand Asia cruise offered by Princess. We heard that the best time to go to Asia was in November, but when looking up the weather from some of the cities on the land portion, and along the river cruise, November looks to be cold.

Has anyone done this cruisetour on the Yangtze and have any recommendation on the best time of year to go?

Anyone go in November before?

thanks

Are you sure you will be eight days on the river? The cruises are usually 3-5 days. We made our own arrangements and took a three night (supposedly 4 day) cruise. This went from Chongqing to Yichang. That was interesting, but long enough. You really can easily make your own arrangements, including drivers and guides to pick you up and take you places. You will save a lot of money doing this.

There are many posts on TripAdvisor about how to do this.

I don't know about the weather in November. We went in March. It was warm enough everywhere, except for one day in Beijing. A front went through and cleared out the pollution but it was cold.

Well, it depends on your definition of "cold".

For me, November in this part of China is refreshingly cool after the long, scorching summer, when any outdoor activity is just too uncomfortable.

Though, my definiton of scorching is someone else's idea of a perfect summer day. ;)

Bring a jacket, but I don't think you'll find yourself shivering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We did a Vantage tour of China for 21 days that included a four night Yangzee River cruise in the Three Gorges.

There are longer river cruises, but the four days through the Three Gorges are really the only things worth cruising for.

Consider spending more time in Beijing, Shanghai, Xian and Gillum. Don't miss the Great Wall, North of Beijing and the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian.