Are portable steamers allow on board?

crazycruzer68

No, from Carnival web site:

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only in their carry-on luggage)

Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

NO! You've been lucky slipping through.

We never tried to sneak it on, just threw it in the garment bag with the formals. It's only a small travel size one anyways. I was under the impression that as long as your flat irons, curling irons, and steamers had an auto-off switch they were ok to take on board. Oh well. If you're not afraid to lose it just pack it and see what happens.

We never tried to sneak it on, just threw it in the garment bag with the formals. It's only a small travel size one anyways. I was under the impression that as long as your flat irons, curling irons, and steamers had an auto-off switch they were ok to take on board. Oh well. If you're not afraid to lose it just pack it and see what happens.

Didn't mean sneaking. Somehow the object wasn't plucked out. Bring it, but keep in mind you might have to report to the naughty room to open your suitcase, then take time post cruise to retrieve it. That is a pain in the neck.

I not sure I understand the logic of knowing its against the rules, knowing its a fire hazard and yet still have the thought of bringing it on to see if they will catch it. I just don't get that at all

I'm not sure I understand the logic of knowing it's against the rules, knowing it's a fire hazard and yet still have the thought of bringing it on to see if they will catch it. I just don't get that at all

Neither do I. Some will always make their own rules regardless of the jeopardy they place their lives in and that of others aboard as well.