Help with getting from Houston IAH airport to cruiseline

taylortime05

Hi,

I will be flying in on Fri Dec 4 to Houston IAH airport and the cruise leaves the next day.

What is the most economical way to get from airport to hotel to the port?

What is the most economical way to get from the port when we return back to the airport?

What hotels do you recommend?

We will be arriving early on Friday. Is there anything fun to do in the area?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Sue

You can always read a few of the numerous threads on getting from the airport to the port. Just scroll down and read the threads, then ask specific questions.

Hi,

I have scrolled through the posts and if I fly into IAH airport it sounds like I am probably going to spend 100 to get from the airport to the hotel right near the port. I didn't realize that the airport and port were that far apart. A nice person on my roll call suggested Uber so I am going to check into that and see if its any cheaper. I even checked into renting a car for 1 day at the airport and dropping it off by the port but they charge an extra 100 for dropping it off at another location.

Thank you

Hi,

I have scrolled through the posts and if I fly into IAH airport it sounds like I am probably going to spend 100 to get from the airport to the hotel right near the port. I didn't realize that the airport and port were that far apart. A nice person on my roll call suggested Uber so I am going to check into that and see if its any cheaper. I even checked into renting a car for 1 day at the airport and dropping it off by the port but they charge an extra 100 for dropping it off at another location.

Thank you

Try galveston express $25.00 each person one way

• 3 weeks later...

We are cruising on the Jade in January and my plan is to book a hotel for Friday night on Hotwire that has a free airport shuttle.

That way we will fly in to IAH Friday evening, take the shuttle to the hotel and then take an Uber to the cruise port on Saturday morning.

We are cruising on Princess out of the Houston Port in Nov. I understand the cruiseline offers transfers from IAH for $24pp to ship. Maybe your cruiseline offers something similar. We will stay at the airport Sheraton and take the free shuttle to the hotel and back to the airport on day of cruise then take the transfer. Best of Luck!

Edited by septrack

I too am cruising on the Jade in January 2016. The last time I called NCL and asked about their transportation from Hobby, I was told $50.00 per person each way(which I think is pretty high). I am hoping that I was quoted the wrong price and it will go down once the Jade actually gets to Texas. My plan is to fly in on Friday, stay at the Marriott Courtyard(free shuttle service to and from Hobby) and on Saturday morning take the hotel shuttle back to Hobby and get on the NCL bus to port of Houston. I did this back in December for a RCCL cruise out of Galveston and it worked perfectly. If NCL still charges $50 per person each way that will be $100 for both of us and maybe a taxi would be cheaper? Does anyone know what a taxi would cost from Hobby to port of Houston? I would love to hear from anyone that can give us ideas or give their personal experience.

Uber is currently giving me an estimate of $30-41 from Hobby to Port of Houston, $27-37 from the Couryard Hobby Airport and $60-79 from IAH to the port. Definitely don't pay $50 pp for a bus that requires you to go back to the airport the next day!