Aqua vs Veranda 1C?

a.madruga

Offer of $200 to upgrade to Aqua X? On a six day Eclipse cruise.....is it worth it? We have never done Aqua. Please help

200 for both or 200 pp. At 200 for both I would say it is a steal and worth it for Blu alone. I would only consider Aqua

If you would utilize the Persian Gardens then I vote yes, worth it. I haven't been on the Eclipse but we used the heck out of that area on the Reflection. Blu is always great. We especially loved it for breakfast.

That's about $33 per day PP. As an habitual Aqua cruiser, I'd say it's worth it if you take advantage of breakfast, and consider Blu your dining room all six nights and choose not to spend on a specialty dining night. We haven't eaten in the MD in a very long time. We have been spoiled by the Blu service, atmosphere and food. Careful, you may never want to go back.

We enjoy the forward cabins with no overhang. Careful of the cabins obstructed by the window washer.

On Eclipse we like 1540. It's under the Hair Salon so it's quiet. The port side cabins in that spot are under Aqua Spa Cafe. lots of banging and clanging from the kitchen above.

Edited by marieps

Did Celebrity contact you with the offer?

I wanted to try the Aqua so bad on our Dec 11 cruise. They had cabins for 999 with exciting deals and no perks. But I called 2 days after I saw this and there gone. So I ended up with concierge guarantee with 2 perks for 1130 (something close to this) and additional perk of gratuities. I just booked this past Saturday. Then couple days later an Aqua came back into the system with 999 for exciting deals but much more with the perks. I didn't qualify for exciting deals because it is only for new reservations. The price with perks was way to0 expensive. Maybe in the future I can try the Aqua.

So I would definitely upgrade for 200 if given the choice.

The showers in the Aqua Class cabins are wonderful. Multiple heads. Blu dining is worthwhile.

Agree and agree...but its not worth $50 per person/day! At that price one could book a much less expensive balcony cabin (possibly in a much better location then the AQ cabins) and use the savings to cover the cost of the Ultimate Dining Package...or simply dining at alternative restaurants whenever it pleased. And as much as we like Blu (we will again be in Aqua Class next week) it is not as good as Murano or Qsine. As to the Tuscan.....DW and I have an ongoing disagreement about the venue.

When we started booking Aqua Class.....DW and I needed to put a value on that class so that we could do our usual price comparisons. So the question was, "how much per passenger day is the value of AQ?" On the "S" Class ships we think that all the AQ cabins have an inferior location to many of the regular balcony cabins. So location meant nothing (in terms of money). The showers are nice, but for us they are not that nice that we put much value on the extra nozzles. We do not spend much (or any) time in the Spa...so that is meaningless. To us it is all about Blu. On our typical 14 night cruise we usually average about 10 nights in Blu...the other nights being in either Murano, Qsine, or the MDR (yes, there are nights when we prefer the MDR menu). When we dine in the MDR we prefer to share a large table at a later time (usually after 7:45) and love the socialization of dining at the large table. In Blu, the norm is a 2-top which has its pros and cons. After lots of thought we decided that AQ was worth somewhere between $25-$30 per passenger day (and that is being generous).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

$200 for each .....worth it?
We paid, after taxes, $995 for Aqua over Concierge, but we also got bumped up to premium booze package and Internet ($650 value, and we had planned to buy the upgrade anyway) so it was a few hundred more and we decided to forego the 5 night specialty dining package, which was $400 for us both. I think we're ahead because I don't care for QSine and the Tuscan Grill menu doesn't look that great. We relly liked the Normandie, which is no longer there. Happy with our decision. Edited by s2kreno

We are sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on 11/9, going through the Panama Canal - 15 nights.

We booked a Veranda Guaranty and ended up with an Aqua class stateroom when we got our room assignment, for the veranda price. I think we scored big time! Looking forward to trying out the food in Blu, but may also eat in the MDR once or twice, and the Oceanview buffet most, no doubt, because hubby likes to eat very late.

Honestly, couldn't tell you if it would be worth it, but I have certainly found a lot of people that will only choose Aqua class, so what the heck. You only live once, do like us and pretend that money is no object, go for the upgrade and enjoy your cruise!!

Cheryl

We just got off the Summit, had Aqua Class stateroom 1133, loved the ship, stateroom, Blu and the Captain; Captain Kate McCue!

We had the time of our life's!

dc1369426a0ce656317f110a4b8642ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app