Beverages included!

Jim Avery

Just received an offer from Princess for selected upcoming cruises where a full beverage package (spirits, cocktails, beer, wine, coffee, and more according to them) for the first two people in the cabins is included. Now THAT is a perk I could get into!:eek::D:D Good prices on the cruises too.

Edited by Jim Avery

Care to share or point us to a link?

Came in a smallish mail brochure. Nice selection of cruises in Asia, Polynesia, UK, Europe. We are trying hard to make one work the same day relatives leave our house and 8 days after returning from a HAL cruise. :eek::D

Just received an offer from Princess for selected upcoming cruises where a full beverage package (spirits, cocktails, beer, wine, coffee, and more according to them) for the first two people in the cabins is included. Now THAT is a perk I could get into!:eek::D:D Good prices on the cruises too.

Came in a smallish mail brochure. Nice selection of cruises in Asia, Polynesia, UK, Europe. We are trying hard to make one work the same day relatives leave our house and 8 days after returning from a HAL cruise. :eek::D

I haven't seen that one. Perhaps it will show up in the mail. I wouldn't be able to take advantage of any of the cruises but it sounds like a fantastic perk. I know I'd like to have it... :D

We booked our cruise to the Baltic 2015 with the drink package included over a yr ago. The promotion finished...the price of the cruise dropped by over £1000 per person and OBC jumped to $300 dollars per person...win win for us even loosing the all inclusive drinks. Will also add the cruise has now risen by over £200 per person! Pays to keep checking

Just to let everyone know my experience with Princess and trying to book this promotion. After receiving the brochure Saturday (10/31) touting the included full beverage package for two and a $1,299 p/p rate for the 16 night PPT/LAX via Hawaii on Pacific Princess, I tried to book it. In the brochure it states that the offer is good till 12/1/14. It also states that taxes/port fees are $225 p/p. Now this is the day after receiving the email pushing the deal and yes I know what the fine print says but here is what I got from Princess. The beverage package is not available. the fare is reduced to $999 but the taxes/port fees are $625 p/p!!! But they did include one night specialty restaurant and a bottle of "champagne". Big deal. Oh yeah, $2,252.82 p/p was Princess EZAir quote for the flight.Nope, not Biz Class, that is their quote for the cheap seats. So, as you might expect, we are booking Paul Gauguin instead. Sorry about that as we booked full freight Owner's Suite on Pacific Princess in Alaska last May and really enjoyed the ship. Not pleased with this sort of "bait and switch" from Princess. Ok, rant over.:D

Just to let everyone know my experience with Princess and trying to book this promotion. After receiving the brochure Saturday (10/31) touting the included full beverage package for two and a $1,299 p/p rate for the 16 night PPT/LAX via Hawaii on Pacific Princess, I tried to book it. In the brochure it states that the offer is good till 12/1/14. It also states that taxes/port fees are $225 p/p. Now this is the day after receiving the email pushing the deal and yes I know what the fine print says but here is what I got from Princess. The beverage package is not available. the fare is reduced to $999 but the taxes/port fees are $625 p/p!!! But they did include one night specialty restaurant and a bottle of "champagne". Big deal. Oh yeah, $2,252.82 p/p was Princess EZAir quote for the flight.Nope, not Biz Class, that is their quote for the cheap seats. So, as you might expect, we are booking Paul Gauguin instead. Sorry about that as we booked full freight Owner's Suite on Pacific Princess in Alaska last May and really enjoyed the ship. Not pleased with this sort of "bait and switch" from Princess. Ok, rant over.:D

I got that same email and was amazed at the deals. Shame on Princess if they are not having this as available.

I got that same email and was amazed at the deals. Shame on Princess if they are not having this as available.

We jumped on it the day after receiving the offer. What they wanted to sell us was a totally different deal. Don't believe what you read in the Princess flyers.

Just to let everyone know my experience with Princess and trying to book this promotion. After receiving the brochure Saturday (10/31) touting the included full beverage package for two and a $1,299 p/p rate for the 16 night PPT/LAX via Hawaii on Pacific Princess, I tried to book it. In the brochure it states that the offer is good till 12/1/14. It also states that taxes/port fees are $225 p/p. Now this is the day after receiving the email pushing the deal and yes I know what the fine print says but here is what I got from Princess. The beverage package is not available. the fare is reduced to $999 but the taxes/port fees are $625 p/p!!! But they did include one night specialty restaurant and a bottle of "champagne".

Looked at the brochure which does promise the free beverage package for that voyage and a number of others.

Looked at the Princess web site for a couple of the voyages and all it offered was the specialty restaurant and Champagne benefit. Did see the $1299 pricing that Jim saw.

I don't understand the taxes/port fees of $625 as those are only $225 in the brochure and should not be different no matter what type booking is made.

Two questions for Jim:

1. Did you contact a travel agent and let the TA go to bat for you to have Princess do what the brochure promised?

2. Did you ask to speak with a Princess supervisor to ask why Princess would not sell what the brochure said it would?

Looked at the brochure which does promise the free beverage package for that voyage and a number of others.

Looked at the Princess web site for a couple of the voyages and all it offered was the specialty restaurant and Champagne benefit. Did see the $1299 pricing that Jim saw.

I don't understand the taxes/port fees of $625 as those are only $225 in the brochure and should not be different no matter what type booking is made.

Two questions for Jim:

1. Did you contact a travel agent and let the TA go to bat for you to have Princess do what the brochure promised?

2. Did you ask to speak with a Princess supervisor to ask why Princess would not sell what the brochure said it would?

Yes, used a TA. She called Princess and did not get very good answers. No did not speak to a Princess supervisor. Now today, I got a call back from the TA. Princess now says they will honor the offer and the problem was that "marketing did not tell reservations about it". Who knows. All I know is that air went up $500 p/p since yesterday! In our past Princess cruises, we have always bought a full suite. This offer really caught our attention and I have certainly sailed in inside cabins on a number of lines and had a great time so I am not trying to be cheap but I WILL NOT pay more for a one way air misery day than for a cruise..... Any cruise. I would just feel very foolish paying more for the tin tube. Of course that is why they are making such offers, air is hurting lots of plans. PPT is pretty much a closed shop with Air Tahiti Nui with a little bit of Air France thrown in. Hawaiian is a good option but, in this case, the connections do not work for us. We have enjoyed our voyages on Princess and will try again. Better luck next time.:D

Got it in the mail. Later than some received it but it did finally arrive. I'd love to snag one of those cruises but don't have the funds or the free time to do so. The one I wanted to take the cost of the beverage package they are including would be in the $1,500 range. A very nice perk.

Congrats to anyone who can take advantage of this offer. :)