The wrong target

balf

Got an invite in the post offering a chance to visit QV while she is in Liverpool in May. £80 pp (charity donation) for a champaign reception, a tour of the ship and lunch in the buffet.

As a Diamond status WC member, and well acquainted with the QV there is nil chance we would take this up. Cunard must know how many times we have sailed on her, so why not pick out local people who have only done one cruise and never on QV.

After all it's all about PR for the line and ship and they have the records to target the most likely return customers.

They must know we are hooked.

David.

Treat it as a chance to give £80 to charity... and get lunch as a thank you.

And you're wrong. Many local people have done at least two crossings/cruises (not one, as you suggest)...

... Most will have sailed back across the Mersey :D ;) :) .

Edited by pepperrn

. Many local people have done at least two crossings/cruises (not one, as you suggest)...

... Most will have sailed back across the Mersey :D ;) :) .

Yes,I have many times, never thought it counted.

David.

Got an invite in the post offering a chance to visit QV while she is in Liverpool in May. £80 pp (charity donation) for a champaign reception, a tour of the ship and lunch in the buffet.

As a Diamond status WC member, and well acquainted with the QV there is nil chance we would take this up. Cunard must know how many times we have sailed on her, so why not pick out local people who have only done one cruise and never on QV.

After all it's all about PR for the line and ship and they have the records to target the most likely return customers.

They must know we are hooked.

David.

Balf, maybe they know you're hooked and want to keep it that way :)

Personally, I think it's a good idea to extend invitations to frequent passengers as well as potential new passengers: keep the dedicated client base while attracting others to eventually fill their shoes (or cabins, as the case may be :)).

-S.

Doesn't it stand to reason that if you've sailed numerous times you'd be interested in visiting the ship? I actually think this is a smart business move. Yes it's all pr/marketing but if you love the ship and aren't able to cruise at this point, I think a visit would be nice. I wouldn't take it as an insult, rather as a compliment that they recognize your affinity for Cunard.

Doesn't it stand to reason that if you've sailed numerous times you'd be interested in visiting the ship? I actually think this is a smart business move. Yes it's all pr/marketing but if you love the ship and aren't able to cruise at this point, I think a visit would be nice. I wouldn't take it as an insult, rather as a compliment that they recognize your affinity for Cunard.

If only such an opportunity/invite was available in New York. (US port security regulations differ from those the UK.) Time and money don't permit me to take more than one voyage per year and I would jump at the chance to walk QM2's teak deck for just an hour.

I got an offer like this for the very day when I had to disembark the same ship. IT seems to be unexplored at Cunard.

it is cheaper and less time consuming to post a mailing list in full rather than have someone go through it name by name and attempt to guess who should be deleted

all large organisations simply send out mailing lists complete : I frequently get mailings from charities who I support asking me to become a supporter

it is cheaper and less time consuming to post a mailing list in full rather than have someone go through it name by name and attempt to guess who should be deleted

all large organisations simply send out mailing lists complete : I frequently get mailings from charities who I support asking me to become a supporter

It takes only little brain and a few minutes to limit the automatic select to those who are not already on the ship.

In my case no charity was involved. Cunard/Carnival is not a charity organisation. They are commercial and they have to act as such with the neccessary professialism. I have paid thousands to them for bookings I could not realize. I never heard "Sorry, we don't want your money".

I have had a couple of these for Southampton.

These events are not for encouraging new customers for Cunard; they are charity events, with good PR for Cunard thrown in. Cunard/the charity would have consulted several databases for invitees and the Cunard database would have just been one of these.