FLL cab fares---from airport to Embassy Suites, then to Oasis

Lionesss

Been a year since we cruised out of FLL.

The last time we were there we used a taxi for transportation.

Just wondering????

Is it still one flat rate from the airport to your hotel, then also to the port. Or is it metered?

Thanks

Sea Ya

I thought it was a flat rate from the airport to the port, but everything else is metered. Been a while since I've read up on FLL taxi rules. Either way, it's not going to be that expensive for any of those legs.

The fixed rates are in Miami. No fixed rates in FLL, in fact there is a big sign at the cab stands reminding the drivers. Been that way for at least 5 years, in my experience.

A little reading on the board would reveal it is $12-13, airport to Embassy Suites, before tip. From the hotel to pier depends on what pier you are sailing from. Unlikely the fare will be more than $15, before tip, unless traffic is really bad.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I suggest you take directions to give to the cab driver. In April, it cost us $30 to get from FLL to the Embassy Suites. People on the same flight as us, staying at ES, paid $18! Our driver was looking up the route on his phone. I have no idea how we got there but it was by back roads. It was totally ridiculous.

It actually was a real turn-off to Fort Lauderdale. If we go back, I'll be taking directions with me!