Capitan Bob Cass

carlp

We had an AMAZING day with Captain Radek through Capt. Bob's tours. This was one of my FAVORITE excursions. Be aware that the tour leaves at the designated LOCAL time (not ship's time!). We almost missed our tour, and that would have been such a shame.

The tour takes you through all kids of activities including swimming; snorkeling with turtles (and I saw an octopus too); beach time; lunch at a great restaurant; shopping at a really cute local shop on an island; views of the world's most expensive privately-owned yachts; and much more.

Our boat was a 3-engine motor boat, and was just large enough for our 14 or so people, but small enough so that we got to go where the cruise excursions cannot.

The price was totally worth the experience, and then some!

LOVED THIS DAY!:D

Below is a message that we had sent to Captain Bob Cass of Soualiga Destinations regarding our excursion in St. Martin in August 2016.

Just want to say thank you to you and your staff for a wonderful day. My wife Noemi , son Sean and I really enjoyed the excursion which included snorkeling, trips to the beach and of course the great lunch that you put together. We all had an unforgettable time.

We will definitely look you up again if we are in the area in the future.

I wish you continued success. You and your team are a class act.

Richard Z

A fantastic tour with Cpt Bob, so glad we booked him the entire day was great, our captain was really friendly and helpful, one of the group we were with had used Cpt Bob before so we knew it was going to everything and more, and it was, what an epic day, Lunch was good and decent portions, the boat ride was wild and thoroughly enjoyable, and the snorkelling was all that we expected. Would not hesitate to recommend and we will certainly book again when we are in St Maarten again.

If you are of decent shape and want to see and experience an awesome day book this tour without hesitation. We tried this for the first time last year with a group of six ranging in age from early 20's to late 40's and had a blast. So much so that a year later we jumped aboard this bad ass boat again. I must say that I had even a better time the 2nd trip. Capt. Bob runs a great little excursion. Read his material and heed the cautions. But if your up to it the trip is everything they promise. I will not visit this island without going on this tour.

After reading these great reviews, I feel I made the right decision to book with Capt. Bob and am looking forward to it more then ever.

We will be there the end of March. He already sent me the directions to get to his place.

My question: is it easy to find, easy to get there (by walking) and lastly, how long does it take from cruise port to Capt. Bobs?

You've made a great choice it's dead easy to find and walkable. Just head out to the main rd turn left walk up about 5mins and it's there on the left he sends you a map as well to find them.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I was a little skeptical of all the great reviews, and wondered if it would live up to the hype- but I'm happy to say it was excellent! We had two kids (9 and 10) and two adults- everyone had a great time. Boat was beautiful and comfortable for everyone, and there were plenty of stops for swimming and snorkeling. The lunch was excellent, though the area where the beach bar/restaurant is is really crowded with places- it didn't impact us much, just not what I was expecting I guess.

We have already contacted Capt. Bob to book again for next year. It was THAT good!

Just got back from our cruise and we did this tour. Had a great day! From the time we got to the dock until we got back it was just wonderful. Very professional operation, great Capt, unbelievable boat, great stops, great lunch and back in plenty of time to get to the ship with loads of time to spare. We felt very comfortable and very safe the whole time, our Capt was Michael and he was a pro!

Would recommend this tour to anyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just re-reading the CC rules. If someone asks I can give a review but I cannot just post a review. I have cruised for years and this is my first negative review. We just sailed on the Eclipse 14 day cruise. last week I booked captain Bobs tour for 4 of us.

1) I wrote to him and asked his opinion: two of us have knee problems and I wanted to know if in his opinion we could do the tour. He wrote back, "absolutely yes".

2) This was the first snorkel/ beach tour that we had to first sign a waiver on non responsibility. It registered to us that it was indeed a first for us but that was ok.

3) Initially when I first booked the cruise the time in port was different then what it ended up being. Captain Bobs tour ended at 4pm. We were supposed to board the ship at 4:30pm. When we realized it, THAT morning, I called captain Bob. He said no problem. You will be back in plenty of time.

4) When we arrived. He told us that the tour still was going until 4 but not to worry. I asked him if he guaranteed that we would get there on time ( as some tours do) He repeated don't worry they really don't sail away till 5pm. Maybe just me, but my rule has been. DONT cut it that short.

I told him that that worried me and I did not feel we could take the risk He said fine but he was charging me anyways. I guess thats his right. BUT not customer friendly.

We decided to go rather then loose the cost of 4 bookings.

5) After we were on the boat and sailing; (it sat 14 I believe). We realized that the man operating the speed boat was the ONLY person from Captain Bobs tour co on the boat. THATS WHY WE SIGNED THE WAIVER !!!!!

If I had realized it we would not have sailed. Think about it, only he knew where he was sailing or how to operate the boat. If anything happened to him???? Or us!!!! He stayed on the boat when people swam and snorkeled. I have NEVER EVER been on this type of tour that one of the boat hands didn't go in the water with a life ring, just for safety sake. REMEMBER no boat hands.

6) This tour was not easy for anyone who had knee problems, or any health issues. Getting out of the boat was very difficult. It hurt both of us.

7) When we stopped for lunch, we didn't dock. The anchor was dropped and you had to get off the boat, in water over your head and swim to shore in order to have lunch. For most no problem , but when I specifically asked Bob about the ability of doing this tour with bad knees he never said any of this. HE SHOULD HAVE.

8) When we got back he said that they had called a taxi that would be waiting for us at 4pm so we could get back in time. It was not there. He in an email said it was but it wasn't. We waved a taxi down, got to the port at 4:15 then still had to walk to the ship.

We would have jogged if we could have :-(

In my opinion, Capt Bob did not consider safety first. He should have been more honest and elaborate when I asked him about the ability to do this tour. AND he ABSOLUTELY should have had another deck hand on that boat. He could have put us in danger.

If you have no disabilities and if he has 2 people on the boat it is a good tour. Lunch was very good, beaches nice. But personally I would look elsewhere

I was just re-reading the CC rules. If someone asks I can give a review but I cannot just post a review. I have cruised for years and this is my first negative review. We just sailed on the Eclipse 14 day cruise. last week I booked captain Bobs tour for 4 of us.

1) I wrote to him and asked his opinion: two of us have knee problems and I wanted to know if in his opinion we could do the tour. He wrote back, "absolutely yes".

2) This was the first snorkel/ beach tour that we had to first sign a waiver on non responsibility. It registered to us that it was indeed a first for us but that was ok.

3) Initially when I first booked the cruise the time in port was different then what it ended up being. Captain Bobs tour ended at 4pm. We were supposed to board the ship at 4:30pm. When we realized it, THAT morning, I called captain Bob. He said no problem. You will be back in plenty of time.

4) When we arrived. He told us that the tour still was going until 4 but not to worry. I asked him if he guaranteed that we would get there on time ( as some tours do) He repeated don't worry they really don't sail away till 5pm. Maybe just me, but my rule has been. DONT cut it that short.

I told him that that worried me and I did not feel we could take the risk He said fine but he was charging me anyways. I guess thats his right. BUT not customer friendly.

5) After we were on the boat and sailing; (it sat 14 I believe). We realized that the man operating the speed boat was the ONLY person from Captain Bobs tour co on the boat. THATS WHY WE SIGNED THE WAIVER !!!!!

If I had realized it we would not have sailed. Think about it, only he knew where he was sailing or how to operate the boat. If anything happened to him???? Or us!!!! He stayed on the boat when people swam and snorkeled. I have NEVER EVER been on this type of tour that one of the boat hands didn't go in the water with a life ring, just for safety sake. REMEMBER no boat hands.

6) This tour was not easy for anyone who had knee problems, or any health issues. Getting out of the boat was very difficult. It hurt both of us.

7) When we stopped for lunch, we didn't dock. The anchor was dropped and you had to get off the boat, in water over your head and swim to shore in order to have lunch. For most no problem , but when I specifically asked Bob about the ability of doing this tour with bad knees he never said any of this. HE SHOULD HAVE.

8) When we got back he said that they had called a taxi that would be waiting for us at 4pm so we could get back in time. It was not there. He in an email said it was but it wasn't. We waved a taxi down, got to the port at 4:15 then still had to walk to the ship.

In my opinion, Capt Bob did not consider safety first. He should have been more honest and elaborate when I asked him about the ability to do this tour. AND he ABSOLUTELY should have had another deck hand on that boat. He could have put us in danger.

If you have no disabilities and if he has 2 people on the boat it is a good tour. Lunch was very good, beaches nice. But personally I would look elsewhere

Bob is boat captain, not a doctor. If you had any doubts about your physical ability, you probably should not have booked.

There are hundreds of reviews on Tripadvisor. The only negative reviews seem to indicate the reviewer wasn't physically up to getting in to a boat from the water and people who have never been on a boat which means getting wet, rocked by waves and having wind in your hair.

I have cruised for years and this is my first negative review. We just sailed on the Eclipse 14 day cruise. last week I booked captain Bobs tour for 4 of us.

I don't think that this post was thinking that he was a doctor. Yes, he's in the business to make money but honesty and integrity does go a long way and in this case Bob (IMO) was definitely wrong. He knows that people with walking issues will have a difficult time getting in and out of his boat. If you have never done this tour, you would not know that you definitely have to be physically able in addition to back issues too. The tour is a good one and he has a good thing going. Why would Bob want to risk not being truthful when questions are asked? It's called "greed" folks. This company also does talk smack about other reputable boat tours and I can say this with first hand knowledge. Why? How? Because he spoke smack directly to our group years back and from that day foward, we chose "not" to do business with him. Too bad too, b/c it is a good tour and he does have some awesome boat captains who need the money therefore do keep their mouths shut. Can't say I blame them. But it's ok with us as we have found a couple of other tour companies that do just as good of a job if not better so it's all good for us.

Well the vast, vast majority who do this excursion enjoy themselves. There are thousands of positive reviews on Tripadvisor. The number of negative reviews is in the single digits.

I concur with you keeping in mind that it is not Bob driving the tour boats. He's there to collect your money and the hired hands (great guys including his son) are those that make the trip great. He rarely drive(s) the boat tours anymore. Raking in the dough at all costs no matter who might be stepped upon. He does what he does b/c he can. His son is awesome and many of his hired help are fantastic too. Just don't like the deceitfulness that has taken place in the past. If didn't effect our group but knowing the past shadiness does cause me of concern in regards to giving our groups' business to one of his many competitors. Funny that some of his hired help also drive other boat tours. They are almost identical so the reason we take our business elsewhere. To each his own. Enjoy your trip(s).

Capt. Bob's tour was fantastic. Easy to get there from the ship (10-15 min) walk. Great tour all the way around the island (beautiful weather and calm seas afforded this opportunity). Snorkeling, swimming, beach, lunch, bar, airport, mansions, huge yachts, scenery, sun, speed...it was great! Got back in plenty of time to get a free ice cream and walk back to ship. Capt. Brett was friendly and informed. Loved it...would do the exact trip again.

I have cruised for years and this is my first negative review. We just sailed on the Eclipse 14 day cruise. last week I booked captain Bobs tour for 4 of us.

I have been researching this excursion for next January. I have to agree about the extra person on the boat. This is just common sense, IMO. We did Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia which was absolutely fantastic so I was looking for something similar in St. M. I did email him and he responded twice to my concerns. One was that we have never snorkeled and are not really into swimming either. We just like to swim to cool off and kind of float around! And I was also concerned about having to swim to the beach to have lunch. He assured me that the water was only waist deep and we could actually "walk" to the beach. I asked about our "stuff." Taking sunscreen, camera, etc to the beach. He said I could put it on my head and/or a crew member could carry it for me. I honestly kind of expected him to have maybe a little rubber floating thing/canoe that he could put things in to transport to beach. Can anyone address my concerns about taking this if I am not really into swimming? I really would like to do it just for the tour of the island from the water. I have taken into account all the good reviews and his immediate responses to my concerns, but then I read this post....and I just am hesitant to book. TIA.

My wife and I just returned from a RC 12 day cruise on the Anthem of the Seas and took Captain Bob's boat tour out of St Maarten and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. They had engine trouble with the boat the morning we arrived but with 10+ boats, Captain Bob had another at the dock within about 40 minutes. The tour was good (6 adults and 2 kids on board that day) and we had a lot of fun. Yes we had to jump in the water to get ashore for lunch but the beach was nice and the food really tasty. We enjoyed the snorkeling and the time touring around the island. The stops were well planned and it was nice to get away from the larger crowds to the smaller sites they visited. If you have health issues I would never recommend a snorkeling adventure but this was a really good day. We cruise often and will look up captain Bob for future outings.

I have been researching this excursion for next January. I have to agree about the extra person on the boat. This is just common sense, IMO. We did Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia which was absolutely fantastic so I was looking for something similar in St. M. I did email him and he responded twice to my concerns. One was that we have never snorkeled and are not really into swimming either. We just like to swim to cool off and kind of float around! And I was also concerned about having to swim to the beach to have lunch. He assured me that the water was only waist deep and we could actually "walk" to the beach. I asked about our "stuff." Taking sunscreen, camera, etc to the beach. He said I could put it on my head and/or a crew member could carry it for me. I honestly kind of expected him to have maybe a little rubber floating thing/canoe that he could put things in to transport to beach. Can anyone address my concerns about taking this if I am not really into swimming? I really would like to do it just for the tour of the island from the water. I have taken into account all the good reviews and his immediate responses to my concerns, but then I read this post....and I just am hesitant to book. TIA.

We have taken this tour three times and we have had enjoyed this tour each time. Depending on the boat you are on the boat you will either have to swim to lunch or walk in waist deep water. Two of the times we could just jump in the water and walk in waist deep water but once because the engine could not be lifted we had to swim in (still not far but water was over our heads for a short distance - I do not swim so I used a noodle they supplied and I was fine). The last time it rained 75% of the tour but we still had a great time and we look forward in taking this tour on our next visit to this island. My wife has a bad back but we enjoyed ourselves but I would caution anyone with bad knees or other health difficulties that the boat depending on the seas will be bumpy or very bumpy. Getting in and out of the boat you need to use the ladder which can be a little tricky and difficult if you have trouble pulling yourself up. These boats are not cruise ships or pontoons so if you have trouble with movement this is not the tour you should take. My wife and I however will continue to use this tour because it has always been one of our best tours when we cruise to this island.

We have taken this tour three times and we have had enjoyed this tour each time. Depending on the boat you are on the boat you will either have to swim to lunch or walk in waist deep water. Two of the times we could just jump in the water and walk in waist deep water but once because the engine could not be lifted we had to swim in (still not far but water was over our heads for a short distance - I do not swim so I used a noodle they supplied and I was fine). The last time it rained 75% of the tour but we still had a great time and we look forward in taking this tour on our next visit to this island. My wife has a bad back but we enjoyed ourselves but I would caution anyone with bad knees or other health difficulties that the boat depending on the seas will be bumpy or very bumpy. Getting in and out of the boat you need to use the ladder which can be a little tricky and difficult if you have trouble pulling yourself up. These boats are not cruise ships or pontoons so if you have trouble with movement this is not the tour you should take. My wife and I however will continue to use this tour because it has always been one of our best tours when we cruise to this island.

Thank you. That was what I was hoping to hear. I still can't figure out why they can't find something to take people's belongings to the beach in order not go get wet. As I said, even an inflatable raft. Do they provide towels on the beach/in the boat? I mean, I don't want to sit on the beach eating in my wet suit without my cover up! (HORRORS!!!) If I did not want to swim that much, is it still worth it to spend the day on the boat? Also wondered about seeing the island from the boat. Do they kind of circle around the island and point things out? That's why I want to do this excursion over another land excursion. TIA. As I mentioned, we did Spencer Ambrose on St. Lucia. Had never done an excursion like that before and it was just the BEST and I think everything is going to compare to it!

Thank you. That was what I was hoping to hear. I still can't figure out why they can't find something to take people's belongings to the beach in order not go get wet. As I said, even an inflatable raft. Do they provide towels on the beach/in the boat? I mean, I don't want to sit on the beach eating in my wet suit without my cover up! (HORRORS!!!) If I did not want to swim that much, is it still worth it to spend the day on the boat? Also wondered about seeing the island from the boat. Do they kind of circle around the island and point things out? That's why I want to do this excursion over another land excursion. TIA. As I mentioned, we did Spencer Ambrose on St. Lucia. Had never done an excursion like that before and it was just the BEST and I think everything is going to compare to it!

Its an awesome trip even if you don't snorkel. Beautiful sights and speed boat is a blast. On our trip the driver had a wet bag we could share when we got off for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love to snorkel, just never have and don't know if I am too old to learn lol. Was thinking of bringing something like a plastic garbage bag to bring some things to the beach. Thanks for the pictures. Tried to enlarge, but doesn't work. NOT a fan of iguanas!!! I can't stand looking at them, but realize they are the residents and I am the visitor whenever I see them! Cruise is not until January so I have time to decide, but thanks for the information.