Norwegian Jewel vs. RCCL Enchantment of the Seas

michelle2482

Fellow cruisers,

My husband and I plan on taking our first cruise together over Thanksgiving. We are considering trips from Baltimore/NY to the Bahamas and our two options are the Jewel vs. EOS.

Can anyone offer advice on this choice? What are the pros/cons of each, and which is ultimately the better choice food/entertainment/port-wise? We are both in our early 30s, looking to relax and have some down time - not necessarily to do every activity out there. No kids.

Any other practical tips to consider?

Thank you so much in advance!

We live in Baltimore, but over Thanksgiving week, we are cruising from NYC on the jewel with our family. This will be our first family cruise. We have 4 kids rainging from 9-21 and my mother will be going with us as well. 2 yrs ago she and I cruised over Mothers Day week on RCI. We enjoyed ourselves, but it did seem to be an older (over 50) crowd. Also, I was not impressed with the food at all. I am told that the food on the jewel is great and I am excited to try something new and depart from NYC.

Fellow cruisers,

My husband and I plan on taking our first cruise together over Thanksgiving. We are considering trips from Baltimore/NY to the Bahamas and our two options are the Jewel vs. EOS.

Can anyone offer advice on this choice? What are the pros/cons of each, and which is ultimately the better choice food/entertainment/port-wise? We are both in our early 30s, looking to relax and have some down time - not necessarily to do every activity out there. No kids.

Any other practical tips to consider?

Thank you so much in advance!

Holidays will be FULL of kids. as in the possibility exists that they will over run the entire ship.

are you talking Tgiving this year? probably too late at this point unless you are very not picky about what cabin you want.

if next year, EN will NOT be in Baltimore after April 2013// she is being replaced by Grandeur which is a smaller ship( she wasn't stretched like EN has been)

I have zero experience with Jewel. Love EN. sailing her over Christmas and have one scheduled on GR for next September.

I haven't been on the Enchantment, but have been on and liked the Navigator of the Seas. I'm not sure if they are similar or not though.

We did a TA on the Jewel and were really surprised how nice it was. I was expecting a lesser experience because of all the negativity about NCL, but we enjoyed the ship a lot.

Been on both - the pros and cons

Norwegian is freestyle - no set dining times and more restaurant venues. Some see that as a pro - some see that as a con.

Norwegian will have better entertainment on Jewel than Enchantment will have. There will be a white hot party on Jewel.

Enchantment has an adult only Solarium - they will be able to close it so you can still swim even in cold weather. A HUGE pro.

Archived