how to link reservations

giraffelt

I am trying to link our reservation to that of our friends so that we are seated together in the MDR. Celebrity's FAQ says "In order to ensure that you are seated with traveling companions for dining, you are required to provide all the reservation numbers of the participating parties." But no indication of how to do this. In the past I was able to do it on-line but I can't find anyway to do it.

Would appreciate help on how to do this on-line (I really don't want to have to call them with concomitant wait time).

We had our travel agent link our reservations with friends in February. It didn't show up anywhere on the Celebrity webpage, but we were at the same table just as we requested. I'm sure someone else will let you know how to do it if you are booked with Celebrity.

log into My Celebrity, click on Manage Reservation for the reservation you want to link, click on edit under Friends and Family, and then add the other parties reservation number.

I am trying to link our reservation to that of our friends so that we are seated together in the MDR. Celebrity's FAQ says "In order to ensure that you are seated with traveling companions for dining, you are required to provide all the reservation numbers of the participating parties." But no indication of how to do this. In the past I was able to do it on-line but I can't find anyway to do it.

Would appreciate help on how to do this on-line (I really don't want to have to call them with concomitant wait time).

To link your reservation with another for dining (you must have reserved directly through Celebrity and not a TA), go to My Celebrity - Manage Reservation - View Reservation. Takes you to My Cruise Summary. Then scroll down to Family and Friends and "Edit". You can then input the reservation number and name of the person(s) you want to link for dinner.

log into My Celebrity, click on Manage Reservation for the reservation you want to link, click on edit under Friends and Family, and then add the other parties reservation number.

Oops! I must have been typing my response while you were posting! :D Well at least they got their answer!

thanks for the quick responses.

The problem is that each party used a different travel agent and Celebrity website isn't allowing us to edit family and friends. It will be a bit awkward to ask one travel agent to link to someone who used to but no longer is using their service.

any other suggestions.

thanks for the quick responses.

The problem is that each party used a different travel agent and Celebrity website isn't allowing us to edit family and friends. It will be a bit awkward to ask one travel agent to link to someone who used to but no longer is using their service.

any other suggestions.

Well, if all of you used travel agents, then the only way to get "linked" is to have one of them do it! If just one of you booked through Celebrity, then that person could do the "linking" on line.

Does sound awkward, but I'm afraid that having the TA (take your pick!:)) do it is your only option at this point. I suppose you could try calling Celebrity but they won't normally mess with a reservation that is with a TA.

My experience is that BOTH TA's have to be involved -- it can't just be a one-way linkage. Your TA links your reservation to your friends, their TA links their reservation to yours.

And even using this method still is no guarantee reservations will be linked or, once linked successfully will stay linked!!

And even using this method still is no guarantee reservations will be linked or, once linked successfully will stay linked!!

So, who made the error?:eek:...that certainly doesn't sound logical or

good either....who unlinked you?:confused:

My experience is that BOTH TA's have to be involved -- it can't just be a one-way linkage. Your TA links your reservation to your friends, their TA links their reservation to yours.

That's weird. I have never had any problems having my TA link other travelers with my reservation - even with their using a different TA. All that is needed is the reservation numbers and names of the other person(s). We have done it 3 years in a row - no problem! (Have had as many as 3-4 different agents involved.)

Edited by gimletgal

So, who made the error?:eek:...that certainly doesn't sound logical or

good either....who unlinked you?:confused:

It had to have been a Celebrity website screwup because neither we nor our traveling companions did it! And when we repeated the procedure after I noticed our linkage had vanished, it never reappeared.

Rather than try again (probably should have because the 3rd time is the charm) waited til we boarded and got us seated together then. We ended up with a wonderful waitstaff so it all worked out for the better.

It had to have been a Celebrity website screwup because neither we nor our traveling companions did it! And when we repeated the procedure after I noticed our linkage had vanished, it never reappeared.

Rather than try again (probably should have because the 3rd time is the charm) waited til we boarded and got us seated together then. We ended up with a wonderful waitstaff so it all worked out for the better.

Glad things worked out:) I am going on a cruise in February and my TA

just linked me with 2 friends of mine. I will go see the Maitr'd anyway

after boarding the ship;)

• 4 years later...