Power strips, carnival Magic!

I have read on here to bring one but I've heard they can be confiscated??

Do I bring one and where do I put it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, we have always packed ours in our checked. I am pretty sure they are on the list not to bring, but I didn't know that until we had brought ours a few times, I bring it fully expecting that if they take it, they take it and I won't complain.

If you have not bought a power strip yet, save yourself some money and reduce the risk of having it taken by purchasing the cheaper, non-surge suppressor type. One that has a cord, a "box" with 4-6 outlets, and fitted with an on/off switch is fine. Surge suppressors don't work on ships, and can cause serious problems, which is why lines are becoming more stringent about them.

I have a new medical issue and I am planning on bringing a power strip on board for the first time. I lost my hearing recently - All of it - And now have cochlear implants. I need to be able to recharge the batteries for my processors and I also have a small electric dehumidifier unit that I put the processors in overnight, every night. I will beg them not to take the power cord from me. When my batteries die, I cannot her a thing!

I'm genuinely curious what so many people bring power strips for?

There are few plugs in the cabins. With all the charging electronics. & beauty tools, the power strip makes it simpler to have more than 2 things plugged in at a time. We've always brought one with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm genuinely curious what so many people bring power strips for?

Because there is only one plug in outlet in each cabin (main room) and most people have more than one thing to plug in...phone/iPad chargers, fan, laptop, etc. The power strip allows more than one thing to be plugged in. The outlet in the bathroom is only meant for electric razors...so that one is not much use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a new medical issue and I am planning on bringing a power strip on board for the first time. I lost my hearing recently - All of it - And now have cochlear implants. I need to be able to recharge the batteries for my processors and I also have a small electric dehumidifier unit that I put the processors in overnight, every night. I will beg them not to take the power cord from me. When my batteries die, I cannot her a thing!

Since your need is medical, I would consider contacting your doctor for a note. Secondly, I think I would call Carnival and alert them as to what is going on. JMHO... :D I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Since your need is medical, I would consider contacting your doctor for a note. Secondly, I think I would call Carnival and alert them as to what is going on. JMHO... :D I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I do have a medical card in my wallet that states my condition. This is for TSA issues and anything else that may come up. Thanks for the reminder... If there are any questions about the necessity of my power strip, the card might come in handy.