Air New Zealand Premium Economy

Has anyone flown in Air New Zealand's premium economy section from LAX to Auckland? We are debating between that and business class.

Thank you.

We haven't flown PE with Air NZ but have flown Business quite a few times with them and it is very good. We will be flying to Tahiti with them Business Class in just 8 weeks:D:D

Cheers

Di

We flew Air NZ PE, LAX to Heathrow earlier this year, post Golden Princess. We were in a Boeing 777-300. The PE cabin was fitted with space seats, angled., they are in a shell, so you don't suffer from Seat back rage !! Quite comfortable, good space, but still difficult to sleep in, service was excellent. I have flown with Air NZ a few times. With seat configuration in PE, it all depends on which aircraft you are on. I am not sure which aircraft type Air NZ use from LAX to Auckland, probably Boeing 777-300, or could be a 747.

Highly recommend Air Nu Ziland, Bro. LOL.

Above all enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

Flew AirNZ Premium Economy yesterday from AKL to LAX. Flight was okay. Good thing was bags tagged priority, 2 bags included on fare, the first off at LAX. Food was adequate, beverages, snacks available all flight .Seating was good. Original seating was on left side but moved to center after take off as flight was not full. I usually fly on the side which I find more spacious. The only advantages of flying Business is Koru club access and lie flat seats. If you have a membership with a Star Alliance Club you can access the Koru Club. The lie flat seats in my opinion are to short and narrow for comfort. Bottom line I will continue to fly PE.

ANZ no longer fly 747's, all flights are 777-300 on the LAX to AKL route.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by kiwimum

Flew AirNZ Premium Economy yesterday from AKL to LAX. Flight was okay. Good thing was bags tagged priority, 2 bags included on fare, the first off at LAX. Food was adequate, beverages, snacks available all flight .Seating was good. Original seating was on left side but moved to center after take off as flight was not full. I usually fly on the side which I find more spacious. The only advantages of flying Business is Koru club access and lie flat seats. If you have a membership with a Star Alliance Club you can access the Koru Club. The lie flat seats in my opinion are to short and narrow for comfort. Bottom line I will continue to fly PE.

ANZ no longer fly 747's, all flights are 777-300 on the LAX to AKL route.

Were you able to check your bags from original boarding city or did you have to claim them in LA and recheck them?

Thanks

You need to claim your bags in LA to clear Customs. Once through customs you recheck your bags before you exit the arrivals area. Plenty of complimentary carts are available.

I have flown business on AirNZ plenty, and premium economy a few times though not on that route. I would choose business hands down, mostly because I can sleep on the lie flat. I feel like I'm going to slide down and off the premium economy seat so sleep only comes when I am exhausted and only barely then.

Besides the wines and service is better in business as well.