Boarding times.

Wyuna1

What are other posters experiences, thoughts or suggestions regarding Royal Caribbeans boarding at the OPT. It is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas in March originally with DW and brother and his wife in 2 Grand Suites so boarding times were not a problem. Daughter, Son in Law and Granddaughter are now joining us. Due to availability of suitable cabin their boarding time is not until mid afternoon (as opposed to the priority boarding for the suites ).How strict are RCI on allocated boarding times. We would like to board as early as possible as a family unit, do they allow any exceptions to their stated boarding procedures.

What are other posters experiences, thoughts or suggestions regarding Royal Caribbeans boarding at the OPT. It is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas in March originally with DW and brother and his wife in 2 Grand Suites so boarding times were not a problem. Daughter, Son in Law and Granddaughter are now joining us. Due to availability of suitable cabin their boarding time is not until mid afternoon (as opposed to the priority boarding for the suites ).How strict are RCI on allocated boarding times. We would like to board as early as possible as a family unit, do they allow any exceptions to their stated boarding procedures.

Gbenjo is best placed to answer this however, I suggest getting there around 1.30pm (after the main early rush) and they will most likely allow it. They may allow you all to board together as family travelling together with some members having priority boarding, but if the main rush is gone it will not matter so much as both parties will be processed quickly.:D

We had no problem boarding in January as a group as DH and I are crown and anchor members but my father and niece and nephew who where travelling with us aren't.we simply told the concierge on arrival we where crown an Anchor members and where directed as a group to the priority line no questions asked.Simply approach as a group and tell them you are suite guests and you will be directed to the priority boarding line.

We had no problem boarding in January as a group as DH and I are crown and anchor members but my father and niece and nephew who where travelling with us aren't.we simply told the concierge on arrival we where crown an Anchor members and where directed as a group to the priority line no questions asked.Simply approach as a group and tell them you are suite guests and you will be directed to the priority boarding line.

might be different now while the renos are ongoing, if they cant board as a group they will meet up onboard

Yes. As Wotaripper has said, if all your party go to the appropriate line together there will be no problem going through as a group at any time you choose. ( Any hassles, ask for Susie and tell her Benjo said it was OK:) ) Things will/should/hope be a lot easier by March when you leave, as the renovations will be a lot closer to completion by then.

Yes. As Wotaripper has said, if all your party go to the appropriate line together there will be no problem going through as a group at any time you choose. ( Any hassles, ask for Susie and tell her Benjo said it was OK:) ) Things will/should/hope be a lot easier by March when you leave, as the renovations will be a lot closer to completion by then.

That is good to hear:D

More like Mic and Co cruises, if I raise enough dough, I am wiling to share with my fellow terminal god followers.;)

Yeah but I know what you Canberrians consider enough dough, so I won't hold my breath. :D

What about next November (2015), is it too soon to joke about it being ready by then? :p

You do know that the Ports Authority is a Quasi Government body.

So what do you think the chances are, just look at how long it took 'em to build the Opery House.

I think King George might be invited to open the new OPT in 2075.

JUST made it to our cabin after a 2-hour embarkment because Immigration were checking ALL passports for Bali.

Last year they came on board just before Darwin to do all this whilst we were sailing.

New year, new rules!

Goodness knows when muster is as there's still a long queue waiting to board.

Won't be surprised if sailaway is delayed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A double scotch for my friend & a rum & coke (both free serve) for myself and a nice sit down has already taken our mind off the embarkment shambles!

Said hello to both Graham & Joanne (packetau) who processed our sea-passes.

Wow what a day..... Check in seem slow today..... It wasn't us.... It was banked up from the ship..... Gbenjo was still there when I left lol

Sorry for any Grammar or spelling error this is Sent from my iPad

A double scotch for my friend & a rum & coke (both free serve) for myself and a nice sit down has already taken our mind off the embarkment shambles!

Said hello to both Graham & Joanne (packetau) who processed our sea-passes.

Good to hear you have made it on board and have drinks flowing after the delay. I am glad our CC friends on the inside, Graham and Joanne were there to help as well. Enjoy the cruise.:D

Wow what a day..... Check in seem slow today..... It wasn't us.... It was banked up from the ship..... Gbenjo was still there when I left lol

I suppose he has to earn his cruise dollars as well. :p

It must be so stressful for you all when these delays occur and passengers fuses start to shorten. Hope the ship can depart on time.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Yeh SOME of us do a FULL days work:D:D:D

Edited by gbenjo