Anyone fly Frontier yet from MIA?

richs52

Hi there - Coming back from a NCL Epic cruise in January and the cheapest flight is on Frontier out of MIA at 10:45AM.

I know all about their baggage pricing, just curious to know if anyone has flown with them since their recent opening in Miami, and how it went.

Thanks.

I am not sure exactly what information you are asking for. You have to pay for everything; even water ($2.00). No free snacks. They don't have an interline agreement with another airline, so if you miss your flight, you're going to have to wait for an open seat on another Frontier flight. 10:45 seems early to me. They also have a limited flight schedule for some destinations, which would limit availability of flights if there was a problem.

Edited by 6rugrats

I am not sure exactly what information you are asking for. You have to pay for everything; even water ($2.00). No free snacks. They don't have an interline agreement with another airline, so if you miss your flight, you're going to have to wait for an open seat on another Frontier flight. 10:45 seems early to me. They also have a limited flight schedule for some destinations, which would limit availability of flights if there was a problem.

Thanks for your info about the lack of interline agreement, interesting. I'm aware of all of their pricing quirks and am fine with those. Being that they are new to the Miami airport, I'm asking for user experience with things like check-in times, counter service issues, proper staffing levels, and experienced delays.

Thanks.

Thanks for your info about the lack of interline agreement, interesting. I'm aware of all of their pricing quirks and am fine with those. Being that they are new to the Miami airport, I'm asking for user experience with things like check-in times, counter service issues, proper staffing levels, and experienced delays.

Thanks.

That's a pretty specific request. The odds of finding someone who has experience flying out of Miami on Frontier that happens to be checking Cruise Air section of Cruise Critic. I would check the Frontier board on FlyerTalk. Do a search for Miami and see if anything related comes up. You'd have a better chance of finding the info you need on there, most likely.

Or check the Florida boards here on CC.

Thanks.

If it's a new routing (are you asking about Flight No. 1257?), there won't be historical data yet for on time performance. Everything such as counter service, staffing levels, etc. can vary daily. A good day for someone, can be a horrible day for someone else.

They don't have an interline agreement with another airline, so if you miss your flight, you're going to have to wait for an open seat on another Frontier flight. inations, which would limit availability of flights if there was a problem.

If you miss your flight on any airline, and it's your fault, it's likely that you'll be waiting for another flight on that same airline as well. If it's not your fault and it's not the airline's fault, ex. weather, you'll likely find the same thing. IME airlines are not quick to interline unless the issue is explicitly their fault (ex. mechanical)