Favorite excursion in Cabo?

Rescuedogs2

I love the Nikki Beach Resort excursion (which I may have booked myself off the internet...I can't remember). My DS's girlfriend and I took a boat over to Nikki Beach and the excursion included not only the boat ride over to and back from the hotel/restaurant but also included free use of their pool and beds you could lay on and suntan on. It's also right on the ocean so there's a great beach. It also included two free drinks and appetizers. The girlfriend and I just kicked back under an umbrella while these gorgeous pool boys waited on us hand and foot...it was awesome and we spent most of the day there. Swam in the pool and beach. There were all kinds of vendors who you could buy things from but you didn't have to be hassled by them because they only came over if you asked them to. We got some really beautiful beach wraps for a bargain. Loved, loved, loved this excursion and the girlfriend and I can't wait to go back this summer and do it all again!:D

If you're more interested in doing something physical...the guys loved the zip line tour but said it was really strenuous (and they're in great shape).:eek:

I should mention that we've been to Cabo many, many times because the SIL has a timeshare there so we've done all kinds of excursions there. At this point in time...when we cruise there...all I want to do is kick back and relax and let the guys do all the work! :)

Edited by mousey

I'm confused. You can see whales from the docked ship?:confused:

No, there are whale watching excursions. You get on a smaller boat or catamaran and go out to watch whales.

Once in awhile you can see whales from the large ship as it's sailing, though I'm not aware they've been spotted from the dock.

I'll be on the Miracle next month too. Could you tell me how much it costs to go to Nikki Beach for the day?? Thanks!!

I love the Nikki Beach Resort excursion (which I may have booked myself off the internet...I can't remember). My DS's girlfriend and I took a boat over to Nikki Beach and the excursion included not only the boat ride over to and back from the hotel/restaurant but also included free use of their pool and beds you could lay on and suntan on. It's also right on the ocean so there's a great beach. It also included two free drinks and appetizers. The girlfriend and I just kicked back under an umbrella while these gorgeous pool boys waited on us hand and foot...it was awesome and we spent most of the day there. Swam in the pool and beach. There were all kinds of vendors who you could buy things from but you didn't have to be hassled by them because they only came over if you asked them to. We got some really beautiful beach wraps for a bargain. Loved, loved, loved this excursion and the girlfriend and I can't wait to go back this summer and do it all again!:D

If you're more interested in doing something physical...the guys loved the zip line tour but said it was really strenuous (and they're in great shape).:eek:

I should mention that we've been to Cabo many, many times because the SIL has a timeshare there so we've done all kinds of excursions there. At this point in time...when we cruise there...all I want to do is kick back and relax and let the guys do all the work! :)

I will check their website. Thanks! How do others feel about booking on your own versus through the cruise line? I we've only ventured out once on our own in Cozumel where we were familiar with the port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going on Miracle next month and will be in port for two days. Favorite excursion or whale watch?

Staying on the ship? Wow....after two days at sea....the last thing that I want to do is stay on the ship!

If you've never been to Cabo before, I heartily recommend grabbing a water taxi near the pier and viewing Pelican Rock, Lover's Beach, the Arch, the sea lions, and Divorce Beach. You will be given food to feed the fishes (which will climb right up into your hand). Have the water taxi drop you off at Medano Beach where there are lots of truly great Cantinas that offer great food and beverages, all very inexpensive. You can laze out in the sun, or swim in the ocean, and have a very good day. The water taxi should cost you about $12US per person. A genuine bargain. When you land at Medeno, you will have to disembark in ankle/knee deep water, but the water is warm.

On the way back, you can catch a water taxi for around $3US pp, or walk to the front of one of the resorts, and catch a land taxi for about $10 total, for up to 6 people. The advantage of the land taxi is that you will be afforded a view of Cabo that you might otherwise miss.

We love Cabo, and travel there twice a year. One trip by ourselves, the other with our kids and grandkids.

I will check their website. Thanks! How do others feel about booking on your own versus through the cruise line? I we've only ventured out once on our own in Cozumel where we were familiar with the port.

I have found doing my own thing provided better tours and cost less. Always read up on any tour operator on cruise critic first. If a lot of people say great things then that helps me espically if they're frequent posters. Thats my 2 cents. :D

You could have if you were here on the Carnival ship in port yesterday. There were a few whales that breeched 100 yards off the aft of the ship for nearly an hour yesterday afternoon. There are an enormous amount of whales in the waters off of Cabo this year.

Cabo is a tender port, so you are not docked, but I have seen whales sitting at my favorite beach restaurant. They are plentiful this time of year.

Are you sure those were whales sitting at the restaurant ??????? lol Sorry --- I couldn't resist !!

Edited by swedish weave

They were being funny, you don't whale watch from the ship. They are referring to just staying on board to enjoy the quiet. A lot of people do not prefer Cabo compared to some other stops like puerta Vallarta

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Cabo is a tender port, so you are not docked, but I have seen whales sitting at my favorite beach restaurant. They are plentiful this time of year.

Which restaurant do they go to, so we can see them up close and personal?

BTW - We'll be in Cabo on Tuesday. Are you in town or are we going to keep missing each other?

Edited by Rosefloater

Which restaurant do they go to, so we can see them up close and personal?

BTW - We'll be in Cabo on Tuesday. Are you in town or are we going to keep missing each other?

I'm in San Diego so darn, we will miss each other again. Have you been to the Whale Watchers Bar in the Finisterra? Close to the cruise ship terminal, you might want a taxi because it's a steep uphill walk. If you have not done this, give it a try and make sure and check out the men's room!:p

We go to the Medano Beach Club which I understand has been re-named Mojitos. More of a locals place, nice, mellow music. Have the Avocado Stuffed with Shrimp and tell Trini Chris and Wendy say Hi.

But for real, we were sitting there having breakfast one day and one of the SUP guys pointed out two spouts to us. Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Cabo in February and used Eco Cat. I would have to say that out of 12 cruises and many excursions The whale watching tour that we did them was the Best we have ever done. It was so wonderful. They were easy to communicate with before the cruise via email, and the website. Everything was perfect and the whales, oh my gosh it was like sea world.