Surprise 3 day to mx with only 58 days left

I just needed to express my excitement. I have a SURPRISE bachelorette 3 day weekend cruise booked AND NOW PAID IN FULL! to Ensenada, Mexico. It started at 186 days out. It has not been easy holding this secret in from the bride-to-be; but it has been fun trying. Few things: This is the first cruise for all involved. First of many things actually, like: girl vacation, leaving the country, plus the first time we will have been on a boat much less a cruise. There will be 5 adults in one inside cabin :eek: . I'm just so excited about everything but the cramped quarters lol.

Sounds like a blast no matter how cramped. Depending on the ship some of you can shower in the spa for free thus freeing up the bathroom a bit.:)

Dan

It's the Imagaination. Thanks that's a great idea! I'm the only one who showers at night, so I'm good lol

Have fun! But 5 adults in an inside cabin....:eek:. We had 2 adults and 2 teens in a balcony and that was tough, tough, tough. Can't even imagine 5 adult ladies in an inside. Good luck to you guys! And have fun regardless.

Have fun! But 5 adults in an inside cabin....:eek:. We had 2 adults and 2 teens in a balcony and that was tough, tough, tough. Can't even imagine 5 adult ladies in an inside. Good luck to you guys! And have fun regardless.

Thanks! I honestly didn't realize just how small the rooms are :eek: . However when we were in our late teens, we used to pull apart our twin bed mattress from box spring and set them on the ground next to one another and lay down diagonally it was our version of a makeshift king lol! I figure we won't ever want to be alone together for years to come after this :D

Great gift to the bride to be. Have fun but remember there is danger everywhere.

Stranger danger; got it! Thank you!

We have had 4 adult women in an inside cabin twice now. Both cruises were 7 day cruises. We didn't have any issues and since the bunks were on opposite sides of the cabin we could have easily had a trundle bed put in the middle at night. Lots of storage and the shower/bathroom situation was just fine.

Sailed the Fantasy class too many times to count out of Long Beach.

Make sure the lowers are placed correctly- one under the faux window and the other under one of the bunks. The rollaway or trundle could be placed under (near) the other bunk.

Pack lightly

Store luggage under

Pack on hangars (there'll be only 18 or so)

There'll be three shelves and three drawers. Use the luggage as storage.

Use an over the door shoe holder. There are hooks next to each top bunk. We use the top pockets as the nightstand for the upper's. The lowers are for everything else.

The bathroom set up sucks! Small round sink, with no area to put anything. One thin shelf above the sink. Our rule is only bathroom duties are done here, everything else is done outside. Some will use the Spa.

Electrical outlets- a low wattage shaver outlet in the bathroom. One 110v on the outside vanity. One 220 outlet that has two horizontal pins and a round pin ( i.e. — . — ) can bring a plug splitter or cord. But NOT a surge protector as they're a fire hazard onboard. Ships handle electricity differently than land.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind that you can tote your stuff to the spa and have a lovely shower and all the space you need to get dressed for dinner without being on top of each other.

Personally, DH and me in one room is enough - I can easily share that space with him, but if we tried to integrate even one child it would NOT be relaxing.

When do you plan on telling everybody?

You took my question away;) Have you given thought to how they might respond? Does anyone need time off? Don't most women want to buy a few things new? Does each have expendable funds for short notice travel, eating out, drinks? I think you'd better not have it be a last minute surprise, even though it sounds like fun.

We have had 4 adult women in an inside cabin twice now. Both cruises were 7 day cruises. We didn't have any issues and since the bunks were on opposite sides of the cabin we could have easily had a trundle bed put in the middle at night. Lots of storage and the shower/bathroom situation was just fine.

Thank you! I'm just so excited, not sure I can even think straight. :D

My husband and I have done a few of the 3-day cruises on the Imagination. You'll have a great time! There's rarely a short cruise where we haven't seen a bachelorette party or two. Will you bring a crown and sash for the bride-to-be?

Please, though, don't be that party who screams "Show us your t!ts" over and over again in the main dining room. It's distracting.

YAY! Thank you. This trip is right after some restaurant changes on a dry dock so I am a little concerned with them not getting done in time, otherwise I am just super juiced! I was planning on a tiara with a veil that I made, and maybe buttons for sashes. I am not sure. Which just sounds cuter? lol Wait! Girls really do that show us thing? Hmm? No that is not us, however we may be drunk and obnoxious in other ways lol

Sailed the Fantasy class too many times to count out of Long Beach.

Make sure the lowers are placed correctly- one under the faux window and the other under one of the bunks. The rollaway or trundle could be placed under (near) the other bunk.

Pack lightly

Store luggage under

Pack on hangars (there'll be only 18 or so)

There'll be three shelves and three drawers. Use the luggage as storage.

Use an over the door shoe holder. There are hooks next to each top bunk. We use the top pockets as the nightstand for the upper's. The lowers are for everything else.

The bathroom set up sucks! Small round sink, with no area to put anything. One thin shelf above the sink. Our rule is only bathroom duties are done here, everything else is done outside. Some will use the Spa.

Electrical outlets- a low wattage shaver outlet in the bathroom. One 110v on the outside vanity. One 220 outlet that has two horizontal pins and a round pin ( i.e. — . — ) can bring a plug splitter or cord. But NOT a surge protector as they're a fire hazard onboard. Ships handle electricity differently than land.

Thank you. I will keep all of this in mind. I have already purchased an outlet which has 3 outlets plus 3 USB port outlets, no surge protector for us! :D

Keep in mind that you can tote your stuff to the spa and have a lovely shower and all the space you need to get dressed for dinner without being on top of each other.

Personally, DH and me in one room is enough - I can easily share that space with him, but if we tried to integrate even one child it would NOT be relaxing.

Thank you! I love the idea of actually getting ready in the spa. I was only planning on showering there. :p

When do you plan on telling everybody?

You took my question away;) Have you given thought to how they might respond? Does anyone need time off? Don't most women want to buy a few things new? Does each have expendable funds for short notice travel, eating out, drinks? I think you'd better not have it be a last minute surprise, even though it sounds like fun.

Well; everyone knows we are going somewhere. All the girls were instructed to get the time off before I booked. Everyone knows we are going/doing something but they have NO IDEA what or where. Everyone, except the bride to be, paid their own way without even knowing what we are doing! I gave them some ideas like Vegas, Tijuana, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle. I never brought up a cruise but I thought throwing the possibility or TJ out there would give me the perfect way to get passport/passport card info without spoiling it. I was thinking of giving them all a package at the bridal shower with boarding passes and luggage tags, but I am honestly still unsure of how to reveal it. I may just throw everyone in the car and just drive. :p

Problem with 'just throwing them into the car'. They'll need their passports or birth certificates. They'll also need to do a pre-cruse check in online.

Problem with 'just throwing them into the car'. They'll need their passports or birth certificates. They'll also need to do a pre-cruse check in online.

I already did the online check in for everyone. Plus since I threw TJ out there as an option they all know the must bring their passport/passport cards. I do not know what else I can do in advance but I'm sure if it is something I cannot figure out on my own I can always do a surprise announcement and let them handle it themselves. I'll admit it hasn't been easy keeping this secret for 125 days so even if I tell them now I think it will still be a great fun surprise announcement. Now just to have a back up plan announcement prepared.....