Just got the Newsletter: any guess what this could be?

canadarocks

Apparently licking the screen at the office is frowned upon.....can't wait to dive in for real :)

Thrak - I completely accept and share your wife's opinion about red wine and chocolate

I wonder when Princess will start introducing these things on ships. Our cruise on the CB is this coming Saturday. I guess the good news for me is that most of the things would not tempt me. I usually order the fruit plate for dessert.

This Wall Street Journal article gives us some additional information.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140729-912379.html

I'm anxious to try the "chocolate cooking demonstration". I wonder if there will be a charge for this? Where it will be held? If you need to sign up for it? So many questions - I know...

The chocolate pops at the Captains reception sound & look so yummy. I can hardly wait. : )

Some of the cocktails sound interesting; chocolate, rum, caramel, and sea salt in the Salted Caramel Hard Shake, and the Mayan Margarita could be quite good with tequila, chocolate and chilis. (Spicy cocktails are increasing in popularity around here.)

The Bourbon Black Forest Shooter is poured as a pousse cafe, where each layer of alcohol remains unmixed with the one below or above it. Looks pretty, but the mixture of alcohols doesn't sound appealing to me, even when I know that they call one ingredient "Cherry Herring" by mistake; it's not a cherry flavored herring cordial (or even a herring cordial flavored with cherry). It's a cherry cordial created by a Dane, Peter Heering. and it's named after him, not the fish.

Edited by Ken_W

Some of the cocktails sound interesting; chocolate, rum, caramel, and sea salt in the Salted Caramel Hard Shake, and the Mayan Margarita could be quite good with tequila, chocolate and chilis. (Spicy cocktails are increasing in popularity around here.)

The Bourbon Black Forest Shooter is poured as a pousse cafe, where each layer of alcohol remains unmixed with the one below or above it. Looks pretty, but the mixture of alcohols doesn't sound appealing to me, even when I know that they call one ingredient "Cherry Herring" by mistake; it's not a cherry flavored herring cordial (or even a herring cordial flavored with cherry). It's a cherry cordial created by a Dane, Peter Heering. and it's named after him, not the fish.

I chose that horrible green color because that's how the idea of a Cherry Herring liquor makes me feel.

The "official" name is Heering Cherry Liqueur but over the years it has been labeled as Heering Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Heering and Peter Heering. No matter what you call it, you bartender should know what you mean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wonder when Princess will start introducing these things on ships.

Princess told me that it will first be introduced on the Regal sometime this fall and then roll out to the rest of the fleet by sometime next year.

. . . The Bourbon Black Forest Shooter is poured as a pousse cafe, where each layer of alcohol remains unmixed with the one below or above it. Looks pretty, but the mixture of alcohols doesn't sound appealing to me, even when I know that they call one ingredient "Cherry Herring" by mistake; it's not a cherry flavored herring cordial (or even a herring cordial flavored with cherry). It's a cherry cordial created by a Dane, Peter Heering. and it's named after him, not the fish.

Cherry Herring: It's What's for Dinner!

Cherry Herring: The Other White Meat!

Cherry Herring: It Tastes Just Like Chicken!

Thank you; thank you. I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses.