Table for Two in Anytime Dining on Golden

Marieze

Greetings Everyone!

I am leaving for Alaska this Saturday (whoo hoo!) with my 17 year old son. I'm being objective here: the most amazing kid ever, but not the greatest when it comes to small talk. When I told him we would most likely be seated at larger tables with other people, he then said he would prefer the buffet if that was the case. I am not interested in the Horizon Court for dinner. Please tell me what I need to do to try to get a table for two in anytime dining for the week. Also, for both Sabatini's and Crown Grill which we will want to experience, are we seated with others?

Thanks!

Marieze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greetings Everyone!

I am leaving for Alaska this Saturday (whoo hoo!) with my 17 year old son. I'm being objective here: the most amazing kid ever, but not the greatest when it comes to small talk. When I told him we would most likely be seated at larger tables with other people, he then said he would prefer the buffet if that was the case. I am not interested in the Horizon Court for dinner. Please tell me what I need to do to try to get a table for two in anytime dining for the week. Also, for both Sabatini's and Crown Grill which we will want to experience, are we seated with others?

As I have said in the past if you want to secure an arrangement like that then see the MD at the time/place listed in the Patter on embarkation day.

Usually in one of the DR's around 2pm.

He has the power to make that happen with very little hassle. ;)

In the specialty restaurants just ask the head waiter at the door to include that request on your reservation.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

No issues with specialty dinning. You want a table for 2 they will give you one. Of course pending how busy they are on the day you want to go.

For anytime here is what we have run into. We always ask for a table for two. We always go when they first open. Or if you like eating late then that works also. In the past even going early we have on occasion been given a pager and had to wait. Some times 10 minutes and on some cruises almost an hour but we did get a table. To be fair we were on some shorter cruises with the hour wait. If you can be patient and sit in the atrium you will eventually get a table for 2. Prime time is always harder to get a table for two.

Have fun

No issues with specialty dinning. You want a table for 2 they will give you one. Of course pending how busy they are on the day you want to go.

They do not ask you to share a table in the specialty restaurants.

You might want to think about mixing it up. Tell your son one night you'll tell them you'd like a table for two and another night you'd like to share with a larger group. Here and there you can just say "whatever you have available first."

I'd impress upon him that a cruise is an adventure, and surprise are part of the deal.

Jim

I went on a cruise with my 20 yr old daughter. She was not overly thrilled either with having to go to the dining room. Not to mention she was almost impossible to drag out of the cabin at times. So we did some horizon court, some specialty, and some anytime at a larger table. It turned out at the larger table we didn't feel like we had to talk all that much anyway. The bigger issue was the length of time it took for dinner in the dining room. I love long leisurely dinners, but daughter was pretty fidgety after a while. We had a blast on the cruise though... So have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I went on a cruise with my 20 yr old daughter. She was not overly thrilled either with having to go to the dining room. Not to mention she was almost impossible to drag out of the cabin at times. So we did some horizon court, some specialty, and some anytime at a larger table. It turned out at the larger table we didn't feel like we had to talk all that much anyway. The bigger issue was the length of time it took for dinner in the dining room. I love long leisurely dinners, but daughter was pretty fidgety after a while. We had a blast on the cruise though... So have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can always speed up the service by asking, even though you may be at a larger table.

If you're doing the anytime dining, just call the dine line around 8am each morning and request a table for two at the time you want to eat.

this... exactly this... we call every morning based on day/port. they are usually really good with the reservations