Gaudi's Casa Mila or Casa Batlio -Barcelona

hsmcruise

We would like to see the inside of one of Gaudi's apartment buildings.

Casa Batlio or Casa Mila.

Are they worth visiting and which would you prefer to see

You've asked about seeing the interior. On that basis, I recommend Casa Batlio, but that would mean you'd miss the exhibits in the attic of Casa Mila and the wonderful, amazing roof of Casa Mila with its great views and "warrior" chimneys and vent covers. If time is short, can you visit both houses and skip the tour of Mila's apartment? Not the most cost effective solution, but the best of each building.

We visited both in May 2014. If you are more interested in interior, then Case Batllo is the best. However, because of the rooftop, I prefer Casa Mila. Just an FYI, when we were there the exterior of Casa Mila was covered with plastic as they were doing work on the exterior. The rooftop was still open. They are within a few blocks of each other so easily walkable. We found Casa Mila more crowded and they even asked if anyone would walk up the stairs to the rooftop instead of waiting for the elevator. With Casa Batllo you do walk some stairs in order to see the apartments. To me, the rooftop of Casa Batllo was not nearly as impressive as Casa Mila. Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

thanks, I will try to do both

Years ago, prior to our first trip to Barcelona, I was on here like you, reading and researching and asking questions. I still have not forgotten the advice of one wag who said "A little Gaudi goes a long way." :)

In actuality, I really enjoyed visiting La Sagrada Familia and am looking forward to a return in several months, along with a first visit to Park Guell. Also very much enjoyed walking around the fantastical roof of La Pedrera.

Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...

The entry fee for Casa Mila used to be much cheaper than Casa Batlio but now they are almost the same. Passeig de Gràcia is a very beautiful street to stroll along and often overlooked by tourists stuck on Las Ramblas.

Edited by movc

• 1 month later...