Seaweed in Carribean?

cruzn buckeye

So, i will be on a Western cruise in April... how is the Seaweed situation coming along?? last year I went to Paradise Beach Club in Cozumel.... it was really nice... except for ... the beach... There was Seaweed and lots of big rocks as you walked in, and so the beach chairs we chose were given up within a few minutes and we spent our day by the pool... still had a good time.. but i am a beach person...

How about the beaches in Grand Cayman.. they were fine last Sept., any seaweed issues now?

thanks!

So, i will be on a Western cruise in April... how is the Seaweed situation coming along?? last year I went to Paradise Beach Club in Cozumel.... it was really nice... except for ... the beach... There was Seaweed and lots of big rocks as you walked in, and so the beach chairs we chose were given up within a few minutes and we spent our day by the pool... still had a good time.. but i am a beach person...

How about the beaches in Grand Cayman.. they were fine last Sept., any seaweed issues now?

thanks!

No real problems right now, but that might change tomorrow. Mother nature does what she wants.

I've been to Cozumel 6 times and the only time I've ever experienced issues with seaweed was the one year we went to Paradise Beach so we have not been back there. We were told at the time that the issue was related to recent storms so as another poster mentioned Mother Nature sometimes has the last word.

When we were at Nachi Cocom last March, the weather was great,with light winds and small waves and no seaweed. On Feb 5th we were there, and it was cloudy and windy with large waves and lots of seaweed washed up on the beach. But we hardly no

We were at Nachi Cocom last March, and the weather was perfect, light winds, light surf and no seaweed. On Feb 5th we were there, and it was cloudy, windy, heavy surf aln lots of seaweed washed up on the beach. But - we hardly noticed the seaweed, we were having so much fun playing in the waves. When Mother Nature is contrary, make the best of it...

I understand about Mother Nature... i have cruised during hurricane season many times:) But am taking my adult granddaughter, and i want to go to a beach where there aren't huge rocks and seaweed... went to Paradise beach last year in coz... couldn't even walk a short way into the water... then onto Cayman... beautiful... no rocks perfect day..

Just trying to pick the best place to take her in Coz. Mr. Sanchos is also one of my choices.. that or the Party Catamaran, or Paradise... trying to find out which beach will be the best..

that being said, passion island last year... sand was perfect... friends chose that one... but not sure it will be what my granddaughter is looking for..

I understand about Mother Nature... i have cruised during hurricane season many times:) But am taking my adult granddaughter, and i want to go to a beach where there aren't huge rocks and seaweed... went to Paradise beach last year in coz... couldn't even walk a short way into the water... then onto Cayman... beautiful... no rocks perfect day..

Just trying to pick the best place to take her in Coz. Mr. Sanchos is also one of my choices.. that or the Party Catamaran, or Paradise... trying to find out which beach will be the best..

that being said, passion island last year... sand was perfect... friends chose that one... but not sure it will be what my granddaughter is looking for..

I apologize if you took offense to my statement about Mother Nature - it wasn't directed at you, just a general statement.

I would recommend either Nachi Cocom or Mr Sanchos for your trip with your granddaughter. If you are just after a relaxing beach day, go to Nachi. If you want more of an upbeat party atmosphere, then Mr Sanchos. They are actually right next to each other :)

I apologize if you took offense to my statement about Mother Nature - it wasn't directed at you, just a general statement.

I would recommend either Nachi Cocom or Mr Sanchos for your trip with your granddaughter. If you are just after a relaxing beach day, go to Nachi. If you want more of an upbeat party atmosphere, then Mr Sanchos. They are actually right next to each other :)

No apology needed... I didn't take offense at all.. just saying I know about mother nature:D Sorry if you took my response wrong.. I have been to Mr. Sanchos and loved it... Have you been there lately? How was the beach... we will be headed there in April... thanks:)

Edited by cruzn buckeye

• 4 weeks later...

We were in Aruba last week of February this year, significant amounts of seaweed at Palm Beach. It was about 12" thick when you walked in at shin level, not very comfortable.

Eagle Beach was significantly better, don't understand why it was better !

The sargassum situation has improved very nicely, at least along the Yucatan. We've been to Playa Del Carmen 5 times over the last year and experienced the worst seaweed in memory last winter/spring. It shifted between Coz and Playa depending on the currents. It has gradually diminished, and while there in November and again 2 weeks ago the shores were very clean and the water beautiful.

I would not recommend Passion Island, ask about the current sargassum situation and for beach recommendations on the Coz forum for the best feedback.

Edited by blue_water