Cruiseport Boston

WatchHill

Changes for 2017

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/

It's no longer called Black Falcon, now known as Flynn Cruiseport Boston.

For those who express concern with parking, a new feature this year includes online reservations to reserve a space.

Darcy

I'm not holding my breath that much of anyone in Boston will know the new name. It's still going to be "Black Falcon" for a long time.

And after shopping at Bonwitt Teller and RH Whites, go to East Boston Airport to catch your flight on Eastern, Piedmont, or BOAC.

Wonder what the passenger cruise docs will name the terminal - the place between the old Navy Building and Boston Edison plant?

Darcy

• 5 weeks later...

Just changing the subject for a moment since it seems there are some Bostonians on this thread.

We are sailing out of Boston this Fall, staying the night before at the new Homewood Suites in Chelsea near the airport. There will be three couples, one in their mid to late 70's. What is the best way for all of us to get to the cruise port? Is there a shuttle service we can use? Can we just hail a minivan taxi? I appreciate any help you can give me. :D

Donna

Totally not a tourist area, you should check with them about a shuttle, but you can always take a cab. There are 3 hotels in that block, and it's near the Market Basket grocery store that everyone raves about.

If I told my grandmother that tourists were thinking of staying in Chelsea she'd slap me for lying. Come to think of it, so would my mom.

Just changing the subject for a moment since it seems there are some Bostonians on this thread.

We are sailing out of Boston this Fall, staying the night before at the new Homewood Suites in Chelsea near the airport. There will be three couples, one in their mid to late 70's. What is the best way for all of us to get to the cruise port? Is there a shuttle service we can use? Can we just hail a minivan taxi? I appreciate any help you can give me. :D

Donna

What are you paying tax included for each room? Did you prepay? Not much choice for dinner. What time does your flight get in?

Would all six of you plus luggage actually fit in a minivan? I'd call the hotel to see what they can offer.

Hotwire has a 3* hotel in the Seaport/convention area which is likely to be Aloft for $250/night taxes and fees included. Much nicer area that is safe to walk around with lots of dining options.

I used my Hilton Honors points for a 1 bedroom suite with a sofa bed. We are going to share the suite with another couple. After using some points, I am paying $80. We all get in late in the afternoon, so we aren't really doing the tourist thing. I have been to Boston before (years ago). My flight from Chicago on Southwest was only $56 for each of us. We picked the Homewood Suites because it just opened in April of this year and they offer an evening reception and a full breakfast buffet. There is an Italian restaurant across the street - I can't remember the name of it, but it is supposed to be halfway decent and should be OK for the one meal we have to pay for. If we have to, we can split up the party into three and three and take cabs, but I just need to know how much that is going to cost us (approx). I am used to pricey transportation being that I am from Chicago. Thanks for any information you can give me. :cool:

I used my Hilton Honors points for a 1 bedroom suite with a sofa bed. We are going to share the suite with another couple. After using some points, I am paying $80. We all get in late in the afternoon, so we aren't really doing the tourist thing. I have been to Boston before (years ago). My flight from Chicago on Southwest was only $56 for each of us. We picked the Homewood Suites because it just opened in April of this year and they offer an evening reception and a full breakfast buffet. There is an Italian restaurant across the street - I can't remember the name of it, but it is supposed to be halfway decent and should be OK for the one meal we have to pay for. If we have to, we can split up the party into three and three and take cabs, but I just need to know how much that is going to cost us (approx). I am used to pricey transportation being that I am from Chicago. Thanks for any information you can give me. :cool:

Sounds like you have everything under control. You're going to the port on a Sat morning. The fare should be about $30 in a cab. Don't know if you can get one for 6 people and luggage. Uber is very popular in Boston - have you considered that? Another possibility is that with 6 people, you could ask if you could pay the hotel shuttle to drop you at Black Falcon.

Floramo's is the Italian Restaurant.

Thanks for the info 138east ! We will definitely call the hotel to see if they can shuttle us.

I really appreciate the help. We are sailing on a Friday as this is a 9 day repositioning cruise from Boston to San Juan. It is our 44th cruise but our first from Boston!

Have a super day :)