Carnival vs. NCL for tweens/teens

jlt123

Looking to book a 7 night cruise in June from NYC on either Carnival Sunshine or NCL Gem. Will be traveling with kids ages 10,11,13,14. Which line/ship would have the most activities for tweens/teens?

Looking to book a 7 night cruise in June from NYC on either Carnival Sunshine or NCL Gem. Will be traveling with kids ages 10,11,13,14. Which line/ship would have the most activities for tweens/teens?

I'd call that one an even match.

The Sunshine has become our favorite ship. It used to be the Destiny but Carnival spent $155 million redoing her and they did! They added a bunch of new cabins, moved lounges, etc.

Carnival is known for their great kid's program. Teens have their own lounge and activities everyday.

We do not like NCL and had awful breakfast & lunches on RCCL si I'd say the Sunshine!

We have our 4th and NCL cruise booked out of NYC. The Gem doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Breakaway, but we are sailing on her in May. My kids loved the teen clubs on NCL ((Jewel and Breakaway). We like the absence of no set dining times and casual dress code.

That said, none of my kids have really loved the tween clubs, even on DCL. My youngest were 10, 10, and 12 on our last cruise, and just preferred to hang together. My 15 and 17 year olds were either in the teen club, or hanging with their new friends.