Vision correction masks?

SillyBlonde

I've registered for a snorkeling trip in Cabo San Lucas through my Princess cruise. There's no information on the operator. I love snorkeling, but can't see a thing without glasses. Does anyone know if vision correction masks are available by the tour operators that take handle the Princess tours?

Some might, but most snorkel ops don't stock prescription masks. There isn't a lot of demand. If they want to stock some, how many, and for what prescriptions, same in both eyes or different...

It's best that you get a prescription mask yourself that you can take everywhere you like to snorkel.

I bought one for my daughter, as she has high prescription.

My wife owns a nice prescription mask for diving. It really helps her underwater vision as you well know. She can dive with a standard dive mask, but she much prefers her prescription mask.

Check out this site for prescription masks. Your own mask and snorkle is nice to have even if you don't need the vision correction.

http://www.houseofscuba.com/traditional-masks/msk115.html?utm_campaign=Nextag&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=nextag

You will love Cabo... We have dove and snorkeled there before.

I snorkeled before I had LASIK, and I was amazed how well I could see under water. I had a fairly high prescription. -8.5 in my right eye with quite a bit of astigmatism and -7.5 in my left eye. I would recommend buying a prescription mask, but you might not need as strong as a prescription in the goggles.

Please don't expect the tour operator to carry prescription masks.

I was on an excursion once when a "guest" had a little temper tantrum b/c prescription lenses weren't available and he had paid all this money for the trip and now wouldn't be able to see anything, blah blah blah. It was easy to see why so many people see Americans as spoiled brats, the way this guy was carrying on.

Honestly, I was amazed that anyone would just assume that a boat would have a stock of masks in every possible prescription just lying around on the off-chance that someone would need them -- do people expect the boats to carry blood pressure medication and insulin and other prescription drugs just in case someone needs them, too?

Either get yourself some contacts (very affordable and comfortable in this day and age -- if you don't want to wear them again, just get the disposable kind and toss them after the trip -- just make sure you trial them well in advance of your trip!) or get your own prescription mask to take with you. The fish are just amazing, and you'll want to be able to see them clearly and easily!