Difference between ultimate and premium packages

Hello everyone,

I see royal has changed the prices of their packages and want to see if the actual packages have changed.

Does the premium still include water and orange juice?

What wine can we order per package? $12?

What is the difference between the alcohol you can order?

Thanks! Any other info on differences would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello everyone,

I see royal has changed the prices of their packages and want to see if the actual packages have changed.

Does the premium still include water and orange juice?

What wine can we order per package? $12?

What is the difference between the alcohol you can order?

Thanks! Any other info on differences would be appreciated.

Premium includes bottled still water, but never included fresh squeezed OJ.

There is no difference in the alcohol.

Ultimate goves fresh squeezed OJ, bottled sparkling water, and specialty coffee over the Premium.

Edited by clarea

Premium includes bottled still water, but never included fresh squeezed OJ.

There is no difference in the alcohol.

Ultimate goves fresh squeezed OJ, bottled sparkling water, and specialty coffee over the Premium.

And it's $10/day more for ultimate? Doesn't seem like it's worth it to me but I suppose if you have a specialty coffee habit, it would be.

And it's $10/day more for ultimate? Doesn't seem like it's worth it to me but I suppose if you have a specialty coffee habit, it would be.

The prices have changed a bit recently, and now the Ultimate is about $7 more than the Premium. Premium went up and Ultimate went down.

Am I missing something?

I went online and see the premium at $49 and the following on terms and conditions

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: *Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include server gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server.

Am I missing something?

I went online and see the premium at $49 and the following on terms and conditions

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: *Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include server gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server.

No, you're not missing anything. After it's purchased, the package will include gratuity, it's just that they don't add that charge until you check out. It's confusing and a bit sly.

I thought I was getting a break when I booked mine a week or so ago and ran into this same reality. One Ultimate and one Royal Replenish - I thought I was saving money but by checkout, I was actually out of pocket an additional 70 cents. :D

Am I missing something?

Royal is not known for timely, accurate updates of their website. Their absolute #1 priority is to increase cash flow and eventually they will get around to updating the terms and conditions.

okay... wait... can someone clear this up? When I checked the website it gives a price-per-day of $55 for the premium package. Does that mean that if I purchase this package for a 7-day cruise, I will be charged $385? Or does this mean I will pay $385 + gratuity?

okay... wait... can someone clear this up? When I checked the website it gives a price-per-day of $55 for the premium package. Does that mean that if I purchase this package for a 7-day cruise, I will be charged $385? Or does this mean I will pay $385 + gratuity?

To the best of my knowledge, the Premium package is now $49/day plus 15%, totaling $56.35/day.

To the best of my knowledge, the Premium package is now $49/day plus 15%, totaling $56.35/day.

Thank you for answering so quickly. :)

I just went and looked again, and the Royal Caribbean site still lists the price of the Premium package as $55/day, and Ultimate is $65/day. Further down the page it says "package prices already include gratuity. Any additional gratuities are at your discretion." There's a little asterisk beside the pricing with corresponding footnote reading : "*Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages. Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International's Alcohol Policy. Complete terms and conditions on page 2."

Then, upon further inspection of "Page 2", the terms and conditions say: "Prices subject to change without notice. Gratuity may be added to or included in the published price depending on itinerary. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries."

So according to their website, Premium is $55/day which includes gratuity. I guess it doesn't really matter. Either someone wants it or doesn't. It just seems a little confusing. Either way, whether it's $49 + 15% or a flat $55/day, it's just about the same cost in the end I guess. And I'm just not sure it's worth it with three ports of call. I guess it's something everyone has to figure out before they buy it. :)

Edited by Sherri914

Thank you for answering so quickly. :)

I just went and looked again, and the Royal Caribbean site still lists the price of the Premium package as $55/day, and Ultimate is $65/day. Further down the page it says "package prices already include gratuity. Any additional gratuities are at your discretion." There's a little asterisk beside the pricing with corresponding footnote reading : "*Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages. Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International's Alcohol Policy. Complete terms and conditions on page 2."

Then, upon further inspection of "Page 2", the terms and conditions say: "Prices subject to change without notice. Gratuity may be added to or included in the published price depending on itinerary. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries."

So according to their website, Premium is $55/day which includes gratuity. I guess it doesn't really matter. Either someone wants it or doesn't. It just seems a little confusing. Either way, whether it's $49 + 15% or a flat $55/day, it's just about the same cost in the end I guess. And I'm just not sure it's worth it with three ports of call. I guess it's something everyone has to figure out before they buy it. :)

See post #7 for the same answer with regard to Royal's website having incorrect info.

I purchased a premium package a couple of weeks ago and paid $394 and some change.

After logging in and accessing our Cruise Planner, this is the pricing for our upcoming 7 day cruise in November on the Jewel of the Seas. Select package is $35 pp, Premium is $49 pp and the Ultimate is $55 pp.

The price for the Ultimate package quoted on the Royal Caribbean FAQ PDF page is $65 pp.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

For people who just skip to the end of threads:

Royal Caribbean changed how they charge for the drink packages.

On the face of it, they lowered the per day charge slightly, but no longer include the 15% gratuity in that per day charge, which was the situation previously.

When you take the new per day charge and add the required 15%, the per day charge is now slightly higher than it was.

You must ignore all of the verbiage on the Royal Caribbean website, because apparently the person who was tasked with changing the numbers was not also assigned to change the words. :eek: :rolleyes:

Bottom line:

All in, premium package is now $56.35 per person per day.

All in, the ultimate package is now $63.25 per person per day.

As of this writing, the policy is still that there is no requirement for all in the cabin to purchase.

After logging in and accessing our Cruise Planner, this is the pricing for our upcoming 7 day cruise in November on the Jewel of the Seas. Select package is $35 pp, Premium is $49 pp and the Ultimate is $55 pp.

The price for the Ultimate package quoted on the Royal Caribbean FAQ PDF page is $65 pp.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I know that we were posting at the same time, but read my post. It will show you the actual, real-life facts. :)

I believe with the Ultimate, you can get more varieties of top shelf liquors - at least that is how it worked on Majesty. You also get Red Bull included with the Ultimate as well as certain liquer and shot combos that you cannot get with Premium - again, that was my own most recent experience on Majesty 3 weeks ago. The certain things you get with the Ultimate (which are part of the Royal Replenish) make it work for me.

See post #7 for the same answer with regard to Royal's website having incorrect info.

FYI. I sent a notice to RCCL on this very same topic when I noticed the $40 pkg went down to $35 and I went to book it thinking it was a marketing test and noticed 15% hidden increase when went to check out.

That was 2 weeks ago and still didn't change it. An aggressive lawyer could have a field day with this on a quick non-disclosure settlement.. deceptive advertising?

FYI. I sent a notice to RCCL on this very same topic when I noticed the $40 pkg went down to $35 and I went to book it thinking it was a marketing test and noticed 15% hidden increase when went to check out.

That was 2 weeks ago and still didn't change it. An aggressive lawyer could have a field day with this on a quick non-disclosure settlement.. deceptive advertising?

They have enough disclaimers that their lawyers would eat any lawyer a person, who is actually worried about this 15% deal, could afford for lunch.

Not to mention, what kind of lawyer would really take a case over $50?

It appears that bottled still water may have been eliminated from the premium package recently. Both still and sparkling water are available with the ultimate package (due to the ultimate package being a combination of the premium package and the royal replenish package). The premium package from the cruise planner now reads.....

Your choices include premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup. Drink up - there's plenty to choose from!

The previous wording for the premium package was....

• Call, and premium

cocktails (up to $10 value)

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the

glass (up to $12 value)

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Bottled water still (500ml)

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Maybe bottled water is still going to be included in the premium package but it is another item to consider while I decide between the premium and ultimate packages.

It appears that bottled still water may have been eliminated from the premium package recently. Both still and sparkling water are available with the ultimate package (due to the ultimate package being a combination of the premium package and the royal replenish package). The premium package from the cruise planner now reads.....

Your choices include premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup. Drink up - there's plenty to choose from!

• Call, and premium

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the

glass (up to $12 value)

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Maybe bottled water is still going to be included in the premium package but it is another item to consider while I decide between the premium and ultimate packages.

If bottled water is not included in the Premium package, that would be the tipping point for me to go to the Ultimate package.

• Call, and premium

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the

glass (up to $12 value)

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

I just printed the package info from the Dining Options page and it still shows the bottled water being avaialble - that's a huge deal for me, because I drink a lot of it (though I can get the Dasani flavored waters from the Coke machine if necessary).

It also still says 'bottled water' in the description on that page:

"Premium Package

Our bar is completely open to you with this refreshing beverage package. All call, premium and frozen cocktails are yours to enjoy, along with our full selection of beers, house wines, non-alcoholic beverages and bottled water."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

I just printed the package info from the Dining Options page and it still shows the bottled water being avaialble - that's a huge deal for me, because I drink a lot of it (though I can get the Dasani flavored waters from the Coke machine if necessary).

It also still says 'bottled water' in the description on that page:

"Premium Package

Our bar is completely open to you with this refreshing beverage package. All call, premium and frozen cocktails are yours to enjoy, along with our full selection of beers, house wines, non-alcoholic beverages and bottled water."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

That page also refers to the old pricing, so it may just not have been updated yet.