Cabin humidity

Emtbsam

Does anyone else have a problem with the dry air in the cabins? At one point, we hung up a wet towel over a basin of water and let it evaporate overnight which gave us some relief.

I just bought a bottle top humidifier on line that works off a USB plug and it seems to be putting out lots of mist. I'll keep you posted on how it works going forward.

I've never understood why when even when you are at sea, suites are dry.

I use humidifiers at home during winter and respectfully suggest that except with "it's in the mind" syndrome, there is unlikely to be a humidifier available on board for a suite that will add enough mositure to make a genuine difference.

Our humidifiers are the size of large roll around air conditioning units and in my 'umble opinion the only practical way of doing this slightly effectively in a suite is using a kettle or travel kettle and continually boiling water. That will only make a very small difference - and the downside is steam not humidity - but might be the best practical temporary solution if you are suffering. Anything else is pretty much in the mind.

If you think of the cubic capacity of a suite and how much water you would need to inject into the air to say take it from say 35% to say 45% humidity you'd need to have buckets of added h20 and to do it dozens or so kettles going full blast for several days with the suite sealed, to make a difference.

Just trying to be helpful ....:)

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Of course, Jeff is correct. What they provide would be considered a toy humidifier to a connoisseur of such items. We only use them aboard ship and one can provide modest relief. But, I'll go along with the mostly in your head theory.

Anything is better than nothing. We filled the bath tub with hot water at night on our last cruise and it was of little help. Since we'll be in a more humid part of the world, we might turn off the A/c system and leave the veranda doors open this time.

I will still take my new toy bottle cap humidifier with me and put it on the nightstand. At the very least, it will be a night light. (Yes, DT I might have to cover it up along with all the other LED's in the cabin).

it was so humid the last few nights of the TA, our mirrors were fogged and everything was wet.

But we had opened the door and shut off the a/c.

We were enjoying the sea air, but then we couldn't stand it any longer and closed up.

Maybe when you get to the more humid part of the world and open the door it will be better.

Also we were a lot closer to the ocean, and often had spray on the verandah.