Refund from NCL

We have a cabin booked on Jewel next year.

Still for from certain if we will be able to go or not.

Anyone have any experience getting their deposit back if they have needed to cancel?

Anyone have any experience getting their deposit back if they have needed to cancel?

I've cancelled a few times before final payment....refunded straight away.

I normally use a cruise reward as deposit and it gets put back on latitudes account.

I've cancelled a few times before final payment....refunded straight away.

I normally use a cruise reward as deposit and it gets put back on latitudes account.

Thanks. This will be our first with NCL so will be Card, I guess it's just refunded to the card you pay with?

Hopefully it won't come to that, but as usual ducks to get in line first.

I had to cancel with NCL last Fall. I called them up and told them I needed to cancel. No questions asked. They were very friendly and all was quick and painless. Refunded to original form of payment. All of this done before the final payment was due, of course. Also, as a side note, I had not purchased the insurance protection, so I'm not sure if that is refundable or not.

I had to cancel with NCL last Fall. I called them up and told them I needed to cancel. No questions asked. They were very friendly and all was quick and painless. Refunded to original form of payment. All of this done before the final payment was due, of course. Also, as a side note, I had not purchased the insurance protection, so I'm not sure if that is refundable or not.

Thank you.

NCL are the easiest to deal with! If you do end up sailing with them remember to call them pre-cruise and offer to upsell yourself... I upsold myself all the way to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Courtyard Villa (I think it's called The Haven these days?).

NCL are the easiest to deal with! If you do end up sailing with them remember to call them pre-cruise and offer to upsell yourself... I upsold myself all the way to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Courtyard Villa (I think it's called The Haven these days?).

Thanks for that tip. We have to be fussy about our location, but I'll keep an eye out for a deal.

Put a deposit down after talking to a consultant all sounds great.

Thanks for that tip. We have to be fussy about our location, but I'll keep an eye out for a deal.

Put a deposit down after talking to a consultant all sounds great.

Yes, I had my eye on a specific suite and when prices dropped after final payment my TA phoned and negotiated an excellent upsell for the suite. It's worth a try if there is a cabin that suits you for the upgrade.

I unfortunately had to cancel a South American NCL cruise a few years back... no dramas at all.

Yes, I had my eye on a specific suite and when prices dropped after final payment my TA phoned and negotiated an excellent upsell for the suite. It's worth a try if there is a cabin that suits you for the upgrade.

I unfortunately had to cancel a South American NCL cruise a few years back... no dramas at all.

Probably the best booking experience I've ever had.

If on board measures up we'll be happy little vegemites.

Did you get cold feet with your NCL booking?

No I started this thread before I made the decision to book.

Just a question of if I booked and had to cancell how it would go.

Also stunned by how low the deposit was anyway.

I know it's still 18 months away, but any idea when bookings become available for entertainment etc.

First go around with NCL they seem to do things a bit different.

Also got specialty restaurant package, drinks package each (for two non drinkers that shouldn't kill them, but I wonder if they know how much Pepsi I can get through) and some shore credit.

No I started this thread before I made the decision to book.

Just a question of if I booked and had to cancell how it would go.

Also stunned by how low the deposit was anyway.

How low was teh deposit?