Deciding on Suite on Silver Cloud

Peanutbrittle56

When taking the Owners Suite, any extra perks?

Rick

Actually there are: free laundry, 120 minutes of WIFI, 2 hours of ship to shore telephone and you butter will bring a free standing bar into the and will be your bartender. Assuming you are going to have a party...

And diner for two at La Camp....

Just wondering in an Owners Suite does the Butler make dinner reservation for you, like the morning for that evening. And do you get them or is it best to book on line before you leave for the ship. How many reservations do you get at any one place?

Rick

Just wondering in an Owners Suite does the Butler make dinner reservation for you, like the morning for that evening. And do you get them or is it best to book on line before you leave for the ship. How many reservations do you get at any one place?

Rick

If you would like in high lever suites; you can wait till you get there and have the butler make all your dinner reservations at once or day by day. No need hurry up and run down to make all your diner reservations.

If you would like in high lever suites; you can wait till you get there and have the butler make all your dinner reservations at once or day by day. No need hurry up and run down to make all your diner reservations.

But if you wait and make them with your Butler the morning of---will you get what you want if your in an Owners Suite?

Rick

But if you wait and make them with your Butler the morning of---will you get what you want if your in an Owners Suite?

Rick

If you wait till the morning of: butler will make reservations but if they are full, nobody will get bumped to get you in but you will be first on the list for any cancelations. If you have the butler make reservations the first afternoon you arrive, its like you were first in line down at the dining room where everybody is making all their voyage diner reservations. Seams like they can get you into Champagne almost any time you pick… If you want to eat at la terraza every night, that's OK too....

Won't know until close to the sailing date.

Hello to duct tape. I remember meeting you on one of the Silversea cruises, but can't remember which one. We did an Azamara Quest cruise recently. I think Azamara was Celebrity's answer to Silversea. They did a good job, but I had to upgrade from their regular suite to the Owners because the bathroom was just too small. I must say that nothing has been able to supersede the dinner under the stars on the Silver Cloud. That was an amazingly pleasant experience.

I think Azamara was Celebrity's answer to Silversea. They did a good job, but I had to upgrade from their regular suite to the Owners because the bathroom was just too small.

Except you will be travelling on an R ship with up to 640 guests. Thats way too many for my taste.

I must say that nothing has been able to supersede the dinner under the stars on the Silver Cloud. That was an amazingly pleasant experience.

Appreciate this mention of the "dinner under the stars" on the Silver Cloud. When we did our 15-day Norway Silver Cloud sailing (with duct tape and many other great people in July 2010), we did not have a chance to do such outdoor dining. Assume this option has been added in the past couple of years.

From the Silversea website, they note for the Silver Cloud: "As the stars begin to peek out from a darkening sky, the top deck of the Pool Bar & Grill is transformed into The Grill – an intimate al fresco eatery featuring a fun, interactive Black Rock Grill experience. A preheated volcanic rock is brought to your table, allowing you to cook such delicacies as steak, veal, pork, lamb, salmon, fish or prawns exactly to your liking right at your own table. And what a table it is. A white linen tablecloth laden with delectable morsels, and every seat with an unmatched ocean view."

For our planned Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back, it seems that this outdoor option could be good for adding dining variety, plus seeing the sights on these scenic routes. Here are a few questions:

1. How many, roughly, does this outdoor setting seat each evening? Are most of the tables for four or six?

2. How busy does this area get on most evenings? Do they take reservations in advance? Reservations needed?

3. Any special desserts and/or other dining delights offered here? How often over a 26-day sailing might one really want to dine here?

Any other insights, reactions, warning or tips on this dining options, what people liked most for enjoying here?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 155,122 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Terry, if it's what I think they are taking about: one night when the ship is leaving really late or staying overnight, they clean off the entire pool deck. Close three of the restaurants and have a gigantic BBQ with tables everywhere in all shapes and sizes. No reservations needed just get in line....

Edited by carefreecruise

Terry, if it's what I think they are taking about: one night when the ship is leaving really late or staying overnight, they clean off the entire pool deck. Close three of the restaurants and have a gigantic BBQ with tables everywhere in all shapes and sizes. No reservations needed just get in line....

Appreciate and really like such one-evening BBQ or deck special events. It just seemed for the Silversea website that now the Silver Cloud also has regular, each evening "Black Rock Grill" type of outdoor dining. Look forward to any other comments, background, loves, etc., from recent Silver Cloud passengers.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 23,959 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Appreciate this mention of the "dinner under the stars" on the Silver Cloud. When we did our 15-day Norway Silver Cloud sailing (with duct tape and many other great people in July 2010), we did not have a chance to do such outdoor dining. Assume this option has been added in the past couple of years.

From the Silversea website, they note for the Silver Cloud: "As the stars begin to peek out from a darkening sky, the top deck of the Pool Bar & Grill is transformed into The Grill – an intimate al fresco eatery featuring a fun, interactive Black Rock Grill experience. A preheated volcanic rock is brought to your table, allowing you to cook such delicacies as steak, veal, pork, lamb, salmon, fish or prawns exactly to your liking right at your own table. And what a table it is. A white linen tablecloth laden with delectable morsels, and every seat with an unmatched ocean view."

For our planned Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back, it seems that this outdoor option could be good for adding dining variety, plus seeing the sights on these scenic routes. Here are a few questions:

1. How many, roughly, does this outdoor setting seat each evening? Are most of the tables for four or six?

2. How busy does this area get on most evenings? Do they take reservations in advance? Reservations needed?

3. Any special desserts and/or other dining delights offered here? How often over a 26-day sailing might one really want to dine here?

Any other insights, reactions, warning or tips on this dining options, what people liked most for enjoying here?

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 155,122 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

The Dining under the stars was a full sit down dinner with the chef on deck cooking the meal close by where she could be seen. This was only once that I remember and needed reservations. Don't remember how many people, but it wasn't many. This is different from the "hot rocks" that is on this and other Silversea ships which also needs reservations. This was on a Caribbean cruise that I remember as the highlight of the cruise. This was not the large BBQ on deck and all other dining rooms were open. There were waiters waiting on tables just like in the main dining room. Just a unique setting with limited number of people.

Edited by scapel

If you wait till the morning of: butler will make reservations but if they are full, nobody will get bumped to get you in but you will be first on the list for any cancelations. If you have the butler make reservations the first afternoon you arrive, its like you were first in line down at the dining room where everybody is making all their voyage diner reservations. Seams like they can get you into Champagne almost any time you pick… If you want to eat at la terraza every night, that's OK too....

THANKS, Wouldn't except or want someone to get bumped. Some lines hold a few tables open each day-but what you say works for me.

Rick

On the Amazon trip the deck shuts down before dusk to avoid the enormous and not so enormous insects. No hot rocks in the river but it will be on offer on the open sea and in the Caribbean.

scapel: The Dining under the stars was a full sit down dinner with the chef on deck cooking the meal close by where she could be seen. This was only once that I remember and needed reservations. Don't remember how many people' date=' but it wasn't many. This is different from the "hot rocks" that is on this and other Silversea ships which also needs reservations. This was on a Caribbean cruise that I remember as the highlight of the cruise. This was not the large BBQ on deck and all other dining rooms were open. There were waiters waiting on tables just like in the main dining room. Just a unique setting with limited number of people. [/quote']

Appreciate for this excellent above info on the outdoor dining, etc. Maybe there is an option while sailing on the Amazon to do dining on the large insets? No! I'll pass on that option.

Looks like good variety and many options for dining on the Silver Cloud during these 26 sailing days. During our 15-day Norway sailing on the Silver Cloud, we did several "special events" for dinner and it worked very well. We like variety and seek to avoid the same old thing every night. Keep the good insights and helpful background flowing.

Would love any added Amazon tips, secrets, ideas, etc., from our London friend, 57 varieties. Did you do a special report or summary from your trip? No detail too small to feed my inquiring mind.

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,614 views for this fun posting.

Any thoughts on the Cloud 500-level suites?

On our 2010 Norway cruise on the Silver Cloud, we were in 532 and it worked super well for location, plus no noise problems from above or below. For the upcoming Amazon-Caribbean 26-day cruise in early 2015, we are looking to finalize in 525. From our Silver Cloud experience, the ship is very compact and easy for getting around, up and down, etc. Generally, the fifth floor has mostly just other cabins above and below. That is better than having any challenges with more "noise risks" under or above your room.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 155,340 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

You all have so much great information on the specifics! Any thoughts on the Cloud 500-level suites?

We have about 300 days on the Cloud, all on deck 5 and often in 525. It is great for the bar and main restaurant. Think it is the best deck on the ship.

We have about 300 days on the Cloud, all on deck 5 and often in 525. It is great for the bar and main restaurant. Think it is the best deck on the ship.

Glad to know that derby lane like the fifth deck and especially the Silver Cloud's suite 525. Yesterday we finalized our booking for that specific suite location for the combination Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean back-to-back sailing over 26 days. We will aim to take good care of "YOUR" Cloud 525.

I have posted a roll call. It is at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094242

Please share!! I encourage any with past experiences in these areas to let us know your favorites, secrets, lessons learned, tips and ideas, etc.

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,979 views for this fun posting.

We are also fans of Silver Cloud Suite 525, . In fact, we were in that Cabin on Terry's Norway Cruise in 2010. We were in 525 last August after the dry dock and noticed that the string on the beside lamp had not been changed from our Cruise previous to the dry dock. Just curious to know if the string is in place and doing the job.

It's a great location.

001.jpg.1e27aef458e7c3874f79552edab1891b.jpg

TLCOhio thanks for the interest. We did not write a blog or review but happy to answer questions. It is a unique trip and hugely enjoyable and we were very lucky with the company on board.

derby lane: TLCOhio' date=' I envy your journey. It is a wonderful experience. By the way. I grew up in mid Michigan and went to under grad at Michigan, back [b']in the days of Bo and Woody[/b].

daddy: We are also fans of Silver Cloud Suite 525' date=' . In fact, we were in that Cabin on [b']Terry's Norway Cruise in 2010[/b]. We were in 525 last August after the dry dock and noticed that the string on the beside lamp had not been changed from our Cruise previous to the dry dock. Just curious to know if the string is in place and doing the job. It's a great location.

Appreciate these various follow-ups and items of information.

For 57 varieties, I will follow-up shortly with more questions from your Amazon trip and look forward to any insights, tips and ideas from you and any others so experienced in these unique areas.

For derby lane, Michigan is a very nice state, in certain areas. BUT, you know that us folks in Central Ohio have just a few "opinions" on the battles between UM and OSU for football and other sports. I have lots of great stories on both Woody and Bo. This includes Bo growing up in Ohio at a suburb of Akron, getting his Masters degree from OSU, the intertwining of his career and life with Woody, etc. Maybe we can cruise together and share those fun histories, etc.

Happy to hear that daddy was in Cloud Suite 525 on our July 2010 Norway cruise. Fun, great cruise and bonding of staff and passengers. Wonderful weather and sights. Will need to check more on that bedside light string. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Keep up the great sharing and information. Very interesting and helpful.

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 20,998 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

Appreciate these various follow-ups and items of information.

For 57 varieties, I will follow-up shortly with more questions from your Amazon trip and look forward to any insights, tips and ideas from you and any others so experienced in these unique areas.

For derby lane, Michigan is a very nice state, in certain areas. BUT, you know that us folks in Central Ohio have just a few "opinions" on the battles between UM and OSU for football and other sports. I have lots of great stories on both Woody and Bo. This includes Bo growing up in Ohio at a suburb of Akron, getting his Masters degree from OSU, the intertwining of his career and life with Woody, etc. Maybe we can cruise together and share those fun histories, etc.

Happy to hear that daddy was in Cloud Suite 525 on our July 2010 Norway cruise. Fun, great cruise and bonding of staff and passengers. Wonderful weather and sights. Will need to check more on that bedside light string. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Keep up the great sharing and information. Very interesting and helpful.

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 20,998 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

TLC, would love such a cruise. I own a small business and always keep in mind Woody's comment about a pass--one of three things happens, and two are not good--still good advice.